New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Finally registered after just stalking the forums all Summer! Thank you to all

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 PM
TallmanLilVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally registered after just stalking the forums all Summer! Thank you to all

I bought a 97' B2500 Primetime Conversion Van over the summer for traveling aka "van life" and have scoured these forums and DIY's a lot so I decided today it was time to me a member and wanted to personally thank everyone for all the amazing and helpful stuff you guys write about. Thank you!

Right now my girl is running as most 20 year old vans would a bit slow but does the job. I have successfully been able to fix a few things myself thanks to all of you out there. I'm doing my IAC tomorrow as I'm pulling a OBD P1294 code for it but looks easy enough. I'm not stalling but I do tend to idle a bit high in park so hopefully it helps.

The previous owner had her since day 1 and she has been a highway van her whole life. The old man took care of her and I'm hoping to do the same. She is definitely not liking the winter though as her pair is chipping. (he kept her garaged. a luxury I don't have) but I'm aiming to take her south soon for a bit.

She has 99,500 on her and I have put on about 5k on since I got her. Did a fair amount of travelling over the summer in New England. She really floats on the highway and does pretty good on gas too.

The next 500 miles is scaring me a bit because she will be hitting that 100k but I'm hoping we can celebrate it together without any issues. Well anyways I thank all of you again and promise not to be to much of a bother with newb questions.

Also I refer to as my "girl" but her name is Ron Burgundy. Stay classy!

Last edited by TallmanLilVan; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: plate#
Old 11-30-2018, 09:13 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Nice van!

Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Nate N.
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome...

Quick Reply: Finally registered after just stalking the forums all Summer! Thank you to all