New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello DF

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 01:25 PM
SgtSnevets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello DF

Hello.

I am Daniel. No I am not in the military and I don't claim to be but SgtSnevets is what I generally use for gamertags and non professional websites.

I joined this forum since its always a good idea to share stories, ideas, and to get others opinions on things.

I currently drive a 92 Dakota 318 auto 2wd that I bought from a friend for cheap so I could fix it up and sell/ give it back to him later since this was his grandpas truck and he doesn't have the money or the know how to fix it up. In the short time I've owned it I have fixed multiple problems and there are of course multiple more. One of the more significant repairs done is a misfire that it had for years that no one could figure out. To make a long story short, after I bought the truck I traced the problem to the injector wire for that cylinder and figuring it had some broken connection somewhere. after ruling that out I did more digging on the internet until someone mention the computer.
So I said screw it and bought a re-man from autozone and it worked. Of course its never that easy so when I went to replace it of course the connector was stuck inside the old cpu with the bolt free spinning.

As it sits now it's a great running and driving truck that is rusty with a leaky and nasty interior and I love it.

I only owned one other dodge and that was the first vehicle I ever bought. A 96 dodge caravan for $1000.

Awesome road trip vehicle that had a new front end and hood due to a deer. the down side was the radiator fan was to small causing the van to over heat in the summer if you sat in one spot running for to long.

Otherwise my daily driver is a 15 focus ST but im sure yall dont want to hear about that.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome to DF! Check out the 1st gen Dakota section.

Quick Reply: Hello DF