New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie Checkin in!!!

Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
BirdDog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Checkin in!!!

First off I would like to say great to find a all Dodge forum besides Dodge Truck World. I have read some on the replies and threads and sounds like some interesting advise. Well here is some info and some pics of my Rig and the only ones I have are with small tires. I will have pics with 40's soon!

The suspension system on the BirdDog Dodge will consist of a 10 inch Full Throttle Suspension (FTS) lift. The lift contains: (Front upper and lower control arm drops, lateral compression struts, torsion bar drops, front dif drop, steering drops & all hardware, rear 10 inch Atlas spring pac, front dual shocks with mounting kit, and front dual steering stabilizer kit.)(8 Pro Comp ES 3000 Shocks) The torsion bars will be torque up to give the front 2 inches of lift. Now as for the back, there will be a 2 inch solid steel blocks. Also installed a 3 inch PA body lift. Now this will give me a total of 15 inch suspension lift all the way around. I am also going to put a 48 inch / 1 inch square tubing ladder bars with .130 inch wall thickness and installed with double 7/16 inch U bolts per ladder bar. This will prevent the rear axle from axle wrap and provide traction for the off-road terrain. This will also give great traction for the rear of the truck on the pavement. Mounted under the BirdDog are 39.5X15.50X17 (8ply) Super Swamper Trxus STS/AT Bias tires and mounted on a 17X10 Ion Alloy 158 series rim. After the completion of the lift I thought I would put a little bump in the cab. (To play country music really loud) I installed (2) 10 inches Sony Xplod 800 watt speakers and pushing them is a 760 watt Sony Xplod power amp. Please feelfree to leave comments. Thanks

Before

After

BirdDog

Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Newbie Checkin in!!!

Welcome to the site!!!! Looking forward to the pix with the new wheels!!!!

Dusty

Old 12-29-2005, 04:47 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Welcome to DF!! Great looking truck man!

Old 12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site BirdDog. I know that truck from DTW. Good to see ya man.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:14 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That truck needs some massive tires on it. The one's on now are freakin tiny [&o] Welcome!!

-Matt-

Old 12-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

That truck needs some massive tires on it. The one's on now are freakin tiny [&o] Welcome!!

-Matt-
Can you believe those are 33s?!? THey look so tiny and they wouldn't even fit on my truck with out a lift. LOL

Old 12-30-2005, 11:26 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Brian,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Nice looking rig. Impressive list of mods. Look forward to seeing pics with the 40's.

James

Old 01-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!! Nice truck!! I hope you'll visit us often and tell your other Dodge friends about us!!

~Amanda

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie Checkin in!!!