New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New here as well

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:45 AM
SouthDakotaAngel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here as well

And, surprise surprise, I'm a Neon owner. The proud owner of an 04' Neon SXT. Fairly stock, with the exception of the CB I had to put in there. My husband has an 83' Dodge Power Ram 1/2 Ton Regular cab shortbed, 225 slant 6, mp 435 transmission. Its got a custom built headache rack, he replaced the bench with his own version of captains seats. He's been fairly busy with it. We put a set of 12's in behind the seats in custom built boxes, a 4 channel amp, with an alpine cd player, and replaced all the speakers within the cab, but it was broken into, the headunit, maglites but not the custom holders, a 10 disc cd changer and such were stolen. However, the speakers and amp weren't touched. Go figure? He plans on putting at least a 6 inch suspension lift on it, possible body lift under that, possibly putting a 360 under the hood, a set of 35's under it, making it his new playtoy in the mud. As for my car, I'm looking at a few different body mods, definately looking at a new sound system, then looking at improving under the hood.

Any suggestions for mods on the car, would be appreciated. Seeing as this is my first Neon, I wanna make sure I do it right

Old 04-27-2004, 03:03 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New here as well

Gotta love that part of the country!! I lived in Montana for many years and am going back in late May of this year to scout out some property...anyway, as far as your Neon goes, concentrate on the intake and exhaust systems for the biggest gains for the buck. If you wanna get serious, you can do cam shaft mods as well. A K&N air filter will get you off to a good start. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-27-2004, 04:06 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New here as well

Welcome to DF! As dustyloins said, let it breathe better, thats the best route to take.[sm=smiley20.gif]