New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

tranny problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:05 AM
bgrass6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny problems?

hi all,

new to this forum, joined about a week ago. i joined because i'm looking at a 2000 dodge, and it is at this link:

http://www.montanachevy.com/inventor...KF23WXYJ126391

it's currently off the lot, getting the tranny fixed. they won't tell me the problem. the original price was 15,500, which quickly dropped to 14,000. i offered them 12,000, and they came back with 12,621.38. No kidding, the 38 cents was important to them, i guess. anyway, when i went to drive the truck ( i had only sat in it and started it), it was off the lot. i asked them where it was, and first they said it was getting a spray in bed-liner. i knew this to be wrong because it already had a spray in bedliner. then they said it was a check engine light that was on. then, the next day when it still wasn't back they said it was at the dodge dealership with a transmission problem. the salesman said he would let me know when it was back, and how much it would cost. i asked him if they were going to raise the price of the truck, and he said yes. also, when i started it, there seemed to be a "ticking" noise. and, curiously, it sounded as if it was coming out the exhaust.

anyway, i've never owned a dodge truck before- are there any transmission problems that this particular model is infamous for? this truck books for between 17 and 18,000 dollars, so i thought that 12,621 was a steal. any advice from you dodge guys and gals would be greatly appreciated. by the way, i love the forum, and will follow closely whether i buy the truck or not. i admire people who are passionate about their interests, and you folks are certainly that!! again, thanks. also, i posted this earlier in the day, but i'm also new to computers and forums, so i think i posted it in the wrong place, if at all. my e-mail address is bgrass6@gmail.com.

many, many thanks.

bgrass

Old 01-12-2006, 11:32 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default RE: tranny problems?

Blaine,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Never had any probs with my tranny, '01 Ram, but check out the 1st Gen section of the ram forum. A search there should answer your question. Or, post if not.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

James

Old 01-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Dodge Tranny's have a habit of being troublesome... but I have a 1994 and *knocks on wood* I've never had any problems with the tranny...

~Amanda

Quick Reply: tranny problems?