New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

ship saying hi, asking questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 AM
ship
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ship saying hi, asking questions!

hey y'all, i am a long time dodge guy, having owned a 96 avenger, my family owned a k-car, a minivan that i learned to drive on, and my current dodge ram! a solar yellow 1999 quad cab, sport package with the 5.9.... totally in love with my truck
i am here to learn about a couple mods, and hopefully do some things to my truck,,, specifically i want black wheels? maybe lower my truck? and projector headlights? and then a system and the usual uneccessary gauges and interior mods that are just cool..
i am a mechanic student and as such have access to shopkey so if i can help with any of y'alls questions let me know, i am from oklahoma which is why i keep saying y'all but i currently live down the street from disneyworld in orlando florida...

my garage looks like this
1999 dodge ram
1985 mercedes 190e 2.3-16v euro
1986 mercedes 190e 2.3-16v Nam
1990 chrysler new yorker
1964 chevy impala SS
1955 buick century
deposit down on a new project.... so that's me and my cars, please point me in the right direction as i am sure it will take me a minute to get used to a new forum, thanks for your time... Ship

Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default RE: ship saying hi, asking questions!

Michael,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Head over to the Ram section, 1st Gen, and check it out. You may start with a search for similar mods and if you can't find the answer you want post your question. Lots of ram owners who will be glad to share their experince/knowledge with mods with you.

James

Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!! Thanks for joining us!!

~Amanda

Old 01-13-2006, 06:46 AM
ship
Amateur

well, i am officially loving this site, i posted a couple but mostly just digging around, trying to find good ideas for my baby, "madison"
i need new headlights and am really researching this no projector mod for 2nd gen's thing! What is that all about...
and i am also getting rid of my only other current mopar, my 1990 new yorker is going to my cousin on saturday and i finally daignosed the problem area with that car tonight! damnit, i could have been driving that car for the past two months if i had just paid attention!!! the damn steering wheel is getting loose and messing something up to the point it stalls temporarily!!
SO CHECK YOUR STEERING WHEELS, save yourself from my stupid mistake!!

thank you all for the welcomes by the way!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

1985 mercedes 190e 2.3-16v euro
1986 mercedes 190e 2.3-16v Nam
Nice choices. I was looking at one yesterday (1991)

-Matt-

Quick Reply: ship saying hi, asking questions!