New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi All,

Old 05-03-2004, 08:20 PM
vettewars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi All,

I'm 51 now...have had a number of performance cars. I guess I started out as a mustang type guy since my dad got his first mustang and I beat the crap out of it every chance I could get.

One day I got the mustang of my dreams....a 1970 supercobrajet....but then had to sell it cause I needed the money.

About 5 years of sheer depression ensued until I got a test drive in a thunderbird supercoupe. I've since modified that to run anytime and on occasion beat C5 vettes.

Now why on a dodge site? Cause I've had 4 daytonas throughout the years, great winter car, look great, really comfortable....excellent stock radios even....but then I got the Daytona of my dreams....an 89 shelby turbo II. Got an infinity CD with upgraded speakers that's simply the best CD I've ever heard. Driving the car is worth just that.

Goal now is to run with the punks on the army base where I work with STis, who think they know something about performance. I know I could hammer them with my bird at anything over 3rd gear...but my poor coupe was beat zero to 60 with by a 2004 WRX in a short race out of work which was really depressing for me.

I need the daytona modified to run with these pesky buggers around here.
Hope you all accept me as an historic Ford fan but have a soft spot in my heart for mopars (anything but vettes and chevys please)

Old 05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
brderj
Veteran
Default RE: Hi All,

lol! Sounds like you know what your talking about. Trust me, anything this airforce guy can do to help you beat the Army at anything I will do my best. But I know jack crap about fast cars, From one new guy to another, welcome.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your very welcome here at DF. I got just the place for you to check out to make your Daytona Shelby into an STi stomping, tire frying death trap O' fun.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] Just check this place out, they have anything you'll need for 500+ horsepower. Here's a link to them: Forward Motion

Old 05-04-2004, 08:10 AM
rIntro
Rookie

If it is fast, it is worth having. Alot of the old fords were SWEET! Even the new F150 looks cool, but there is no way in hell that it can match up to a 5.7 HEMI. Last night, around midnight, I added a decal in my back window that reads "Have you SMOKED... a FORD Lately? Anywho, welcome to the forums, I'm new too, 2 days old.. I'm just giving you **** bro, no offence. I think you should mock that truck up and teach all them station boys a lesson. [8D]

Search this Thread