New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Bought a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:26 AM
aJester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT !!!!

Hello World!!

I bought a new Dodge Neon SXT about a week back!!!
I have been driving it for a week now and I absolutely love the car

My G/F drives my old car [ 1998 Dodge Neon Sports Highline] as her old car is having problems. So I had to get another car. After searching for a car for a long time, I finally decided on a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT with 30,086 miles on it from a dealership.

I fear I may have gotten carried away and crossed my Budget
Total amount (including sales price and everything) $10,000.
Have payments for the next few years

My old Dodge Neon was good to me.
Average Gas Mileage : 25 miles / gallon.
So far it has clocked : 80300 miles on Odometer.

Thought this is the perfect time to meet other Dodge Neon owners and ask them about their experiences.... both good and bad!

Also: I am not very knowledgable about cars. So any suggestions about car care welcome. What are the things that you do periodically by way of maintenance and car care...
Experts, and not-So-Experts feel free to chip in.

Thanks and have a great day!!!!

aJester

Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Bought a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT !!!!

Welcome to Dodge Forum!!!! Enjoy the site and ask questions!!

Dusty

Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
aJester

Thanks for the Welcome Dusty!

Needless to say, I was excited about my new car and Googled for Dodge Neon and found this awesome community for folks who own Dodge vehicles. I have been reading a few of the postings and comments. It is a pleasure to see folks who are having problems being helped by the experienced and the knowledgable.

Dodge Forum: You guys/gals (ladies/gentlemen : your pick *Smile*) rock!

Hopefully, I shall get a learn a lot from all of you!

Have a great day!
:0)
So says,
ajester

Old 01-30-2006, 09:17 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Welcome to the site aJester. The Neon was a great buy for 10k.

-Matt-

Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:50 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Cool! I have a 2005 Neon SXT myself (exact same car). I bought it new and thus far have 11,000 miles on it. I love the car, my only regret at times being that I got the automatic instead of the 5spd, but oh well.

Welcome to the site!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Jester,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Lots of Neon owners around here. Over in the Neon forum you are going to find all kinds of fellow enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WELCOME!! Congrats on the new purchase and thank you for signing up here!!

~Amanda

Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
aJester

ViperGTS/Daksport/DodgeGirl: Thanks a bunch folks!!

DraftingMonkey: I totally agree. Would definitely love to check out everyone's Dodges. Haven't taken pics of my car yet. When I get around to doing it, I shall post the pics. I figure I will be visiting the Dodge/Neon forums frequently whenever time permits... and get some education:- What the common problems are that other owners encounter, what the solutions have been... et al.
I probably won't be doing any mods anytime soon, but all the same would love to read about what other enthusiasts are doing....

QuickSilver: You are not going to believe this. I initially chose the blue color and was looking for Blue SXTs. Test drove a couple too. But then saw this Graphite (dark grey) SXT ... and it was love at "first drive".
You know how it is. You go to a dealership.. and there are a bunch of cars of your choice (in my case Dodge Neons), in various shades: Whites/ Black/ Blue/ Burgandy....and Graphite.
One of these draws you, as if by magic. The next thing you know you are misty eyed... and as if by magic the keys appear in front of you. You are in a haze as you click that electronic thingy and hear the doors unlock.
Suddenly you find yourself in the driver' seat. You clear your throat and tell yourself, "Be critical".
You unlock the passenger door and let the worried looking salesman in.
You adjust the seats, the rearview mirror.
You sit back and let your hands get a feel of the wheels..
You take a deep breath and turn to your passenger and tell your car sales man : "Tighten your seatbelts".
And he fumbles with his belt... praying that you are not a race car driver.
The engine revs up a little as you listen the sound, the rhythm increases, the tempo builds up, your hands move to the stick..........

And then you tamely, put your Automatic into "D" and ease out of the parking lot...
:0)

Alrite.
I didn't scream out of the parking lot like a maniac, leaving tire marks and a whiff of smoke. I am in my 30s for pete's sake, 10 years too late for that kinda behavior. The Test drive was good, a few miles on the expressway, a couple of miles on smaller roads and when I pulled into the parking lot, I knew I could own this car. ... if I can get it priced right.

Ofcourse, I still love my old 1998 Dodge Neon Highline Sports. There is something about the way the car drives... Now that I own both, I can compare. But I drive it less often as my GF takes it with her most of the time.

Yeah. I would be a frequent visitor to these forums. Especially the Neon forums.
I may not be able to contribute initially as my knowledge of cars isn't sufficient enough to let me open my mouth, but hopefully I shall learn a lot from all of you fine folks. In the meantime, keep up the good work folks!

You guys rock!

Just-a-Jester

Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 AM
jcbram04
Professional

Welcome To DF!!!

Quick Reply: Bought a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT !!!!