New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Cherry Checkin in!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Airborne82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cherry Checkin in!

Hello all. recently purchased a 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4. I should have titled the subject line Shack, Wobble and Roll. I have noticed on a few other threads that I am not alone with the shaking issue. I can claim the Lemon Law according to the (2nd) dealer I took it to. I bailed out on my original dealer after my third trip back. My original dealer replaced all 4 tires and one rim. All within the 3 trips I took it back. I called Customer support and was told I could take it to a different dealer, which I did. This dealer had it for 2 days and actually had a technician from Corporate HQ's present when they were diagnosing the problem. My service ticket actually states (per the Corporate Service Technician), that the shaking is characteristic of the 2005 Dodge Dakota. I previously owned a 1987 Dodge Dakota and would take that under powered SOB back in heart beat over this truck. After I sold my '87 (which had 120,00 + miles on it, I bought a Nissan Pathfinder. I have 230,000 miles on it and it rides more comfortably than this Dakota. I am so PO I could boil over!

Has anyone claimed the Lemon Law or had their's fixed?

Old 03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
purplhrt91
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cherry Checkin in!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope this experience doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth for Dodge vehicles. The dealer I bought my 04 1500 QC Hemi was great, but 1 year later I traded it in for a 05 3500 dually, and the dealer did some underhanded things and got over on me, but, I say again but, I do have the BEST Dually out there. I'll never go to that dealer again.
J

Old 03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
28this
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cherry Checkin in!

Welcome to DF. Keep up on the thread about the wobbles. You're bound to find an answer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cherry Checkin in!