New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

3d modeller needs help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 12:18 PM
rickystinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d modeller needs help

Hi...I'm a student in the U.K. I'm studying Illustration and Animation, I mainly want to work using 3D software and doing 3D modelling. So I have set myself an on going project to make a scale 3D model of a 1968 or 1970 dodge charger RT ( I think thats what it is see pic at bottom, i'm no expert. If u know what it is exactly please feel free to tell me ), using Cinema 4D. (probably the closest i'll ever get to having the best looking car on the planet...boo hoo!!!.) anyway....

If anyone knows where i can find Blueprints, schematic drawings, measurements or plan drawings of the car please could you tell me...I've looked everywhere. What i'm mainly after is drawings of the external bodywork for starters, but if the model is going well i might do interior and engine etc...

Any useful side, front, back, top or bottom pictures would be welcome as well...

If you go to this link you will see the dodge that gave me this idea.....and what an absolute beauty she is...

http://richarda.addr.com/site/cars/...er/charger2.jpg

Thank for helping...and even if you don't thanks for reading..BYE

Old 02-20-2006, 12:33 PM
philcgrow
Default RE: 3d modeller needs help

Good luck on this!! I am an amature modeller myself using maya and cinema 4d great programs!!! Cinema is easier to do hair with imo. Anyway have you searched dodges website? I am sure someone will be able to lend you a hand. Just remembe have a source pic at every angle you can imagine to make sure you get all the right detail.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:22 PM
jcbram04
Professional
Default RE: 3d modeller needs help

Welcome to the site!!!!!

Quick Reply: 3d modeller needs help