New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Joined awhile ago, first posting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:46 PM
dakotaquadsport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined awhile ago, first posting.

Hey everyone. I joined awhile ago but never posted anything, at least I don't recall. So i decided to finally post something and put some pictures into my gallery.

For starters I have had for the past 2 years a 2002 Dakota Quad Cab Sport, it's only a V-6 and 4x2 but has been rock solid for the past 30,000 miles. Bought it with 28K as a used truck but had everything I wanted except for the V-8, but decided to get it anyways. I've added very little to it, only the RBQ 6 Disc Radio (out of an 05 Liberty), XM Radio, Stainless Door Sills, and TYE Tails. (The Cap was on there when I got it.) No major repairs have come up other than the ball joints being replaced under warranty when I had the tires done, new front rotors when the brakes were done on it and an O2 sensor.

If I'm not mistaken it's the Sport Plus package, which includes RKE, Auto-Dim mirror (I wish every car had this), OTIS (I wish the Neon had this), Foglights, 16x8 wheels and tires, and has the tow package with the giant mirrors and HD cooling. (Not sure what I'm going to tow with the V-6 though) (??).

As far as the comfort, I'll buy another Quad Cab hands down. The ride is smooth, and the controls are all first rate. Granted the seats stink big time, but the truck has far more room than the Rangers and S-10's that I had drove at the time. The Dakota replaced my aging but still excellent 93 Intrepid ES.

The other car is the 04 Neon SXT. This one replaced another Neon we had which was a 99. It's not a bad car. Much much faster and better than our 99. Only wish the 04 had a sunroof but were pretty happy with it as far as quality, comfort and such. This one was also bought under the Certified Used program as with the Dakota. To think we almost bought a Focus over this........[sm=badidea.gif] We also love the Midnight Blue paint on it, looks great sitting in the sun!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:14 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Joined awhile ago, first posting.

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 03-20-2006, 02:53 AM
MGDMike
Champion

Welcome to DF!!

Old 03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Domino

welcome

Old 03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Steve,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Nice looking Dak. Enjoyed your photos.

James

Quick Reply: Joined awhile ago, first posting.