New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Neon SXT owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:10 PM
buddybu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Neon SXT owner

Hello all!

I just purchased a 2004 Neon SXT! Hoody-Hoo! It is silver with the automatic. Not many features, but enough to make me contented. I sure wish I had a cassette player along with the cd player, though. I moved from a 98 Dodge Stratus. I was comparing the SXT to a 2004 Stratus and Sebring, and although the car is smaller than the Stratus and Sebring, it feels the same size. I am excited to more forward and see if this car lives up to the reliablilty reputation that I have read about. I am interested in hearing if there are problem areas of which I should be aware and if there are any preventative measures that can be taken. I am capable of basic maintenance (oil changes, plugs, coolant, filters, etc....), but if it requires more mechanical ability, I need some assistance -- but I am a quick learner.

I am a Dodge fanatic -- got that from my father. I really get irritated when people start talking down about dodge products. I look forward to reading your messages!

Bud

Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Neon SXT owner

Welcome to the site Bud!! You'll fit right in... but WHERE ARE THE PICS?! LOL! I want to see your new car!! Congrats and I hope to see you around here often!!

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2004, 01:28 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Welcome and congrats buddybu! your DF's 4000th member!

-Matt-

Old 06-02-2004, 03:20 PM
brderj
Veteran

I think we need a sign that says you must post a pic of your new vehicle, lol. That will save Amanda at least 100 posts a month.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:51 AM
buddybu

Thanks Amanda and all for the welcome.

I will post pics this weekend -- brderj is right -- there should be a requirement (unless it is a hardship) to post a pic of your new/updated/polished/modified ride!

What do I win for being the 4000th member??????

Bud

Old 06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Not many features???? No cd player? You could of gotten one for not that much more. I just wanted a single disc cd player but I ended up getting one with a 6 disc changer because they had to bring my SXT in for me from over by Detroit because they didn't have a single manual trans on the dealers lot in the SXT and I refuse to drive an automatic. My car is pretty loaded, guess it depends on what you wanted though. Anyways, congrats on the new car. If you got any questions on it let me know, I may be able to help you. [sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: brderj
I think we need a sign that says you must post a pic of your new vehicle, lol. That will save Amanda at least 100 posts a month.
I'd still post and welcome people even if they posted pics right to begin with. It's not like I'm a post ***** or anything. LOL!

Hmmm... a prize for being our 4,000th member... how about a free signature picture? LOL! Okay, everyone gets one... but still!! It's a nice gift:
https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=38930

~Amanda

Quick Reply: New Neon SXT owner