New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 AM
psirix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

Hello, My name is Nick. I'm 17, live in MI, and I'm picking up a 2006 Dodge Dakota SLT V8. I am extremely excited, as this will be my first truck. Previously, I had a 1995 Chrysler LHS, and unfortunately, someone rear-ended me about 2 weeks ago when I was stopped, and ended up totaling the car. Still trying to get over that one. However, I'm not really new to Dodge/Chrsyler, as my parents also own a 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES, which is still running strong with only about 60,000 miles. So as you can see, I'm pretty familiar with the 1st gen LH vehicles, but this truck is brand new to me and I'm definitely excited. Let me know of any neat things on these trucks, as I'm definitely intrested to look at different things I could do. I've been a Dodge/Chrysler fanatic ever since well, I was extremely little! Well, hello everyone. Let me know if theres anything more you'd like to know.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default RE: newbie

Nick,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here.

Sorry about the accident. These things can leave you shook up mentally and physically for awhile. But at least we can offer you congrats on the new Dak. Check out the Dak section for mods, i'm sure you will find all kinds of info

BTW I've been a Mopar guy since learnig to drive in grandpa's '61 Pymouth Fury with the old 318 poly and the push-button tranny. Many moons ago it seems but what a car.

Anyway enjoy the forum and we're happy to have you aboard.

James

Old 04-25-2006, 10:34 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Nick!!

Dusty

Old 04-29-2006, 02:14 AM
blacklabel2469

welcome and enjoy all the knowledge that is here.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Welcome Nick! I'm from Michigan too.. Port Huron..where abouts are you from in the state??

Old 05-01-2006, 01:20 AM
psirix

Macomb...I'm about 30mins. away

Quick Reply: newbie