New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newest?!?...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Dana
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest?!?...

Howdy! I guess I'm the newest of the new here! I posted a plea for help in the "Classics" section about my baby-hemi (270) that I'm stuffing in an old Dodge M-37 (big, ugly, square, Army trucks). I've owned a few DeSotos and some Dodges in the past, but until a couple of years ago, I didn't really have "Dodge-itis" (of which there is no known cure). Now I've got it, and I've got it bad!! I hang out on the Power Wagon forum and the M-37 forum and although I'm no expert, I love to tinker with these old Dodge trucks! We're talking 1940s and 1950s here, so there's no rocket-science involved! No 'computers' or 'modules', everything is pretty simple... for us simple minded folks! I love to be able to open the hood of a vehicle and actually HAVE ROOM TO WORK ON IT!!!! Jeeze, these new cars don't have room for a wrench, let alone your hand on a wrench! I'm smart enough to know that Chevy has their hot-rods (what's cheaper to work on than a small block Chevy!?) and Ford even had a few head-turners, but when you open the hood, and there's a Hemi in there, EVERYONE knows what that is, and they can respect the engineering that went into that famous little engine. I'm currently looking to buy a first series Dodge Turbo Cummins to pull a trailer with my M-37 on it (affectionately refered to as my "heMi-37"). Again, Ford has their Power Stroke, and Chevy has their diesel, but - come on!! Who did Dodge go to for diesel help?!? CUMMINS, the folks that know a little bit about diesel power!! Or I could get a newer Hemi truck, or one with the V-10... See, I've got Dodge-itis. Bad.
Dana
Milford, NE

Old 06-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newest?!?...

OOoh, definately sounds like a VERY bad case of Dodge-itis...

WELCOME TO DF!! I'm glad to have you here!! We have a great group of people here. Folks who know the older Dodges are far and few between, so I'm very glad you joined up.

Got any pics of your older Dodges to share with us? I'd love to see as they are not at all common these days...

I hope to see you here often!! Again, welcome to DF!

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Newest?!?...