New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Member with Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
bcbender
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member with Questions

Greeting all;

I am new to the forum and new to dodge, (had a bronco, got stolen, now have 2001 ram quad 4x4)

I look forward to working on my truck and learning as I go, probably won't have much input for member questions as of yet as I've only been working on Chev and Ford for the past 15yrs with exception to some 90's chrysler products.er

I have a question to start of with, Hope someone can shed some light on it for me....

My truck has had the MIL on since the second time I put fuel in (I topped of the tank, I quess thats a no, no)

I have a P0442 and P0445 code in the memory, I replaced the fuel cap with a OEM Dodge locking cap and ran for a couple weeks,
No change.

Yesterday I checked lines, disconected vapor line at solenoid, solenoid side I was able to pull vacuum, (no leaks, lines look good to the canister), tried to pull a vacuum on the metal line going to the tank and could not.

Could the roll over-valve be stuck since I topped of the tank and venting to atmoshere?
Should I be able to pump down a vac in the tank. (using a hand vac tester)

I am planning a big trip next week and would love for the annoying yellow light to be gone...

Thanks in advance for your assistance

B

Old 05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default RE: New Member with Questions

Brian,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Head over to the ram section and then into the generation of your truck (as listed in the heading). Post questions over there for a quicker answer. Maybe do a search and see if someone else has already had a similar problem.

Good luck.

James

Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy!!

Dusty

Old 05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 PM
tennstealth

hi i have a 1992 stealth sohc.i had to relace a cv joint on pass side after i did when i brake now the car shakes before the change it never did.i have replaced rotors and pads all the way around does anyone have and idea what it could be.it only shakes during braking

Old 05-12-2006, 03:41 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Glad to have you. Welcome!

Quick Reply: New Member with Questions