New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey, I'm the new guy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:13 PM
erock92kota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, I'm the new guy.

Hello everyone. My name is eric. I'm like most of you, a huge mopar fan. I have a 1992 dodge dakota and I also have a 1993 eagle talon. I know its acctually a dsm, but I love that car. As for other cars I have owned:

1972 Plymouth Scamp-17 years young and stupid when I totaled it
1989 Dodge Dakota 4x4-sold for something with more room for carseat
1999 Dodge Dakota R/T-ex g/f totalled it for me in 01....notice that says ex
2 Jeep Cherokees-1990 Laredo, 1992 Limited- just sold the limited for cash to buy the talon
1990 Dodge Daytona ES-sold to get Shelby
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby converted to 2.2t2 from 2.5t1-loved this car-sold-needed money for a kid on the way.

Currently, I am driving the talon as a daily but I still mod it. Gotta get where Im goin in a hurry ya know. I plan to take the dakota and rebuild it. But for now its my beater thats in good shape. Its a sport that came with a 2.5l four banger in it. The previous owner yanked the 2.5 and swapped in a 3.9 v6. Never swapped the springs in the front for the added weight tho. I only drive it to haul stuff right now so I dont worry about the bouncing. I plan to swap in a 2.2 turbo engine with parts I have from other turbo dodge donors left over from the Daytona. I have a completely rebuild 2.2 turbo engine from a shelby car and the computer with all the other gadgets like a turbo timer, boost gauge, a/f gauge, boost controller, intercooler, and all that jazz. I couldnt bring myself to get rid of all this stuff for the sake of someday I would find something to do with it. I know its never gonna be a screaming death machine. But it should be fun project and fun to drive around and take to shows n what not. I have always had a love for street trucks and turbo shelby cars. So why not combine them.

Other then that I am looking forward to sifting thru the forums and checkin out whats goin on here

Lata,
Eric

Old 05-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: Hey, I'm the new guy.

Welcome to the site. Thats a great collection you've got there. This might sound like a funny question but are you an O and A fan? I ask cuz of your screen name.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Eric!! Enjoy!!

Dusty

Old 05-21-2006, 12:06 PM
erock92kota
Professional

O or an A fan????? I dunno.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:27 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Welcome! Sounds like you will be bringin a lot of experience to the forums. Glad to have ya!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

ORIGINAL: erock92kota

O or an A fan????? I dunno.
LOL. I guess not. YOu'd know what I was talking about if you were. Anyway, welcome to the site.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Eric,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

James

Quick Reply: Hey, I'm the new guy.