New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Australian member

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 PM
jaf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Australian member

hi all, i try and use the same nic everywhere i go, i get around. I wont be the most prolific poster and hate post ****** i try and keep it to the point as thats the way i like to read a forum, especially one of this size. I am admin for a tiny lil forum of our own for the Chrysler Car Club of South Australia so if ya get bored drop by and have a look. it is by no means anywhere as great as this site but its our lil local thing.

As for me i am a multipul Dodge Owner. Being in OZ you will notice our locally sold Dodges are slightly different to US ones, but we will talk about that later somewhere else

The one that is the same as a US model is the 1925 Tourer. Basically its a partly restoed car waiting to be rodded. 318 904 blah blah blah

Second up is a 59 Dodge Suburban 2 door wagon. it will look odd to yuou all cos it has a Dodge front with a Plymouth rear, i assure you this is stock as its an export model built in Canada, but sent to OZ in 59. She is quite rare and is currently a feature car in Australian Classic Car Magazine.

lastly is my pride and joy. Although not very rare, valuable or sort after is my 63 Phoenix. Basically its a US model 440 with a different dash. She runs a standard 318 Poly 904 trans, is lowered and has magnum wheels. she is number 986 of 1000 built and i will never sell her. why? i know shes no Superbee but i wanted one since i was 18 and finally got one, i just like 63s.

Thats about it for Dodges other than that i have a wonderful GF who i have converted over to MoPar and she now drives a PT Cruiser daily. We have a heap of pets including an Australian Shepard (american dog) a cat, Native Fish and 3 Australian Turantulas.
We are both very active car club members with myself being a vehicle inspector for the Street Machine Association of SA and Flic (GF) is the president and the events co-ordinator for the same club. We are also members of around 8 other clubs and associations from Restorers to hotrod clubs. Life is full, we dont have kids we have 7 cars.

Other than Mopars we have a HK holden rat thing that is currently a daily hack about.

my GFs pride and joy is her 1961 EK Holden Panelvan

and my daily driver is a mild modified 96 EF Ford Fairmont

hopefully i can shed some light on the australian scene from a Dodge owners point of veiw and i might learn a thing or 2 along the way

Old 05-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: New Australian member

Welcome to the site. Great looking rides.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:39 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum~~great collection of cars!!!!!!!

Dusty

Old 05-27-2006, 11:27 PM
yakkier
Banned

Welcome!

Quick Reply: New Australian member