New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Rookie

Old 06-02-2006, 02:03 AM
RedStratR/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie

Hi everyone. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. I have a 2004 Stratus R/T. I stumbled across the forum looking for advice on how to customize and tune my car. I have found out more about my car in two days of visiting this forum than I have in the year and a half I have had the car.
I got prices for tune ups and I keep getting told that it will take 3-4 hours to change the plugs, cap and rotor. At 50 to 75 dollars an hour, I DON'T THINK SO. This is a great source of info so I'm just going to tackle it myself. I also want to add a new cold air intake and better exhaust. Maybe a turbo or supercharger.
I used to have a 69 Coronet 440 that was really easy to take care of but I get nervous when I see all of the sensors and electronics in today's cars. Hopefully, I can get a picture of my car uploaded in the next day or so.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:13 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Rookie

Welcome to DodgeForum!!! Your Stratus is a great car...as you can tell...I have one too! I have an 02 Stratus R/T that's been lowered...

I'm using a K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit on my car....as I wanted a long tube air intake...and the short one wasnt doing what I wanted it too....my co-worker is using it now on his 3000GT.

You'll find out rather quickly that our cars are basically Eclipses with a few minor differences....as the motor is the same and most of the parts are as well. The turbo/supercharger kits for our cars are expensive....roughly 4500-5000 for the kit. Tearstone makes the turbo and the supercharger is made by RIPP. RIPP is extremely pricey and their service is **** poor...you will want to talk with BadStratRT about RIPP before you seriously consider ordering from them.

Good luck with your car. They're fun cars to drive....and other then a lil more speed...I have zero real complaints about this car....

Old 06-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:18 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 06-05-2006, 02:49 AM
RedStratR/T

I just put some pictures of my car in the member photo gallery section if you want to check out my ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rookie