New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

My Daytona Dodge salesman is an idiot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:15 PM
hydro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Daytona Dodge salesman is an idiot!!!

the following thread is a bad experience im having, but a learning lesson at the same time!! A costly lesson!! I do apologize if i use words that may seem harsh, and also remember that this is how i view this problem, Daytona Dodge may see things differently.
I purchased a 2005 dodge Q/C over the memorial day weekend. I had 2 vehicles to trade in, both which still had money owed to lien holders. A 2001 ford mustang gt and a 1995 bmw m3. i owed $5207 and change on the m3 and my wife owed over $8200 on her gt. the both of us bring our vehicle financial statements so that the salesman can make copies and know where and how much these amounts can be sent to for pay off. So, we sign on the dotted line and we go home happy as can be in our newer truck!! About 3 weeks later i notice on my wifes credit report that her gt was paid off, so far so good!! About a week after that i noticed that my m3 wasnt paid off!!! Here comes trouble!!! I call the dealerdhip and they assure me that the vehicle will be paid off soon because "sometimes it can take over 4 weeks to pay off" I said fine no problem!! bmw financial wasnt happy but i knew everything would be fine.
About 3 weeks after that, i recieve a letter from bmw asking for 2 months of payments. i this point im starting to get really worried. What the hell is going on??!! i call bmw and ask if the m3 had been paid off, no was their answer! although within the past 4 weeks Daytona Dodge had call bmw to find out what the pay off balance was according to the guy at bmw!! I call Daytona Dodge and ask what the hell is going on??
After going thru all the paper work i signed on the day of purchase. It was pointed out to me that the odometer disclosure and guarantee of title statement on my m3 stated the there was NO amount due on my m3. A massive mistake!!!! I know i clearly gave my salesman the financial statement on the m3. Oh well, mistakes happen, i understand. The only problem now is not only do I owe bmw payments so that my credit doesnt get screwed, Dodge is telling me that i owe them $5207 dollars!!!!!!
So, what happens now??? good question!! Mr. Dye, owner of Daytona Dodge, tells me with a smirk. "You signed a contract stating that nothing was owed on the m3, if we go to court you will loose!!" Or, we can add $5207 to the currnt contract for the mistake!
Keep in mind people... i found out thru carfax that my m3 was sold to the local auction 3 days after i traded it in. So, Daytona Dodge recieved money when they sold my m3,AND... they want to add $5207 to my current contract.
Bottom line folks...DONT TRUST ANY CAR SALESMAN AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...READ BEFORE YOU SIGN.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Luckycat
Rookie
Default RE: My Daytona Dodge salesman is an idiot!!!

Hi!! Poor you!! What an awful experience!!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Default RE: My Daytona Dodge salesman is an idiot!!!

Ordinarily I take the side of the dealership on these stories, because mistakes can happen.

I don't want to point to many fingers here without knowing the WHOLE story.
But it sounds like there have been a handful of Federal laws violated. And it is a state law - in every state - to pay off customer trades in 30 days. Also, the dealership should have known something was up, when they didn't have a clear title for the BMW.

In all honesty, I would be very concerned.

Quick Reply: My Daytona Dodge salesman is an idiot!!!