New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Yet Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:15 AM
scorpmatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet Another New Guy

Well here goes. Been surfing the web for awhile and it finally led me here.

I own a 1992 Dodge Dakota Sport and a 1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo (sedan). Both have the I4 2.5L engine under their hoods. Truck has 160K miles on it and the car has 123K miles on it.

Purchased the truck about 5 years ago now and has been a great little truck. 5 speed with 2wd isnt the best for off roading but it's done its fair share. Truck has been through hell, had a paper route... and the clutch has been replaced twice in the last 5 years. Replaced it when I first bought it 120Kish miles. Unfortunately due to money constraints, the truck sat non running for 2 years in my garage because the clutch wore out (paper route) and had a busted front shock. Last October I finally got the truck back on the road with a brand new clutch and 4 new gas shocks, all self installed. Been doing my own work on my vehicles since I bought my first car @ 19. Been doing basic maintenance on vehicles w/ my dad since I was a younging.

The Shadow is a recent purchase (read purchase as free/gift). The car has sat outside a buddy's apartment non running for 3 years straight. Engine has a BHG that caused oil to spurt out from betweent the head and block. Had the option to haul the car away (tow cable) or lose the car and engine. Since I'm not a huge fan of gas guzzling v8's (no offense to the v8 guys) and v6's truly aren't my cup o tea (again no offense) the turbo 2.5 called to me. and of course, I couldn't pass up the cost.

Currently the truck is my daily driver till I get my supra up and running (spun a main bearing, building a new engine for it). Then the truck gets its fresh built turbo 2.5.

Here is how my truck currently looks. Driver's door decided to try and fall off when I was delivering papers. Door is off a 94 dakota sport (w00t for side impact beams) that was a nice shade of red.

Plans to repaint the truck are in order, probably sometime this winter or next spring.

No pictures of the Shadow as of yet, will try and snag some tomorrow.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Luckycat
Rookie
Default RE: Yet Another New Guy

Welcome to the forum!!! Nice truck you have!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
scorpmatt

Thanks. She hasn't been that clean in a long time.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum! Enjoy!

Dusty