New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hemi 1500 SLT Hemi Sport/Silver

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:05 PM
dodgehemirocker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi 1500 SLT Hemi Sport/Silver

Hey guys, just bought this truck after driving my Lexxus for a few years, it's nothing but fun!!!!. The truck's engine although powerful, is an all or none affair, not much on the bottom end unless you take the overdrive off. There is a button on the right hand side of the steering column which controls the "haul/trailer". When I switch that on the truck has more low end but cuts off after the truck reaches a certain speed. I think it's the trucks overdrive "off switch" if I am not mistaken. For the two weeks since I've owned my truck, I've been dueled mostly by Chevy "dudes".
One guy was driving a Tahoe or Denali with a scoop on the hood. As he punched his car to show me what he had, the front end would rise, which means he had more than I had. The Hemi is an engine which was built for
modifications. I am now interested in the "Whipple" supercharger, but man, is there anything cheaper than the 4-5k, are there any other mods I can do?
Stuck on go.....
Dodgehemirocker.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hemi 1500 SLT Hemi Sport/Silver

Welcome to DF. The Hemi Ram is the most powerful truck, besides the Lightning and the SRT-10 Ram, and it all comes down to weight to horsepower ratios and driving. There are lots of Ram owners here, many of which have the Hemi, so you should feel right at home.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:29 PM
brderj
Veteran

Oh yeah, the HEMI!! Welcome to the forum and congrats on having the God given good taste to buy the best.

Enjoy....

Old 06-30-2004, 03:43 AM
purplhrt91
Professional

Can you say HEMI??? Oh yeah. Congrtats.
Just like to let the Hemi fans know that I had to eat up a chevy camaro
The guy was being a pest after he saw the Hemi badge, so I gave him a spankin
[sm=smiley18.gif] he won't forget.[sm=lol.gif][sm=smiley15.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

It was a 199?

Old 06-30-2004, 04:29 AM
HEMI TT
All Star

the Hemi has power, 345hp, you just have to learn it. That Taho or Denali would've only had 295hp stock but probably modded.
You can do exaust and a intake kit to increase power.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:44 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it a little time, there will be some nice mods for the Hemi. An CAI may give you a couple horse, as will an exhaust, but they will only get you small increases from what I've read. Small meaning less than 10HP. Headers are getting around 17-20 HP.

The key to all this is a performance PCM. Kenne Belle is working on an Optimizer, and I've heard rumor that MoPar Performance is looking into it as well.

Quick Reply: Hemi 1500 SLT Hemi Sport/Silver