New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Forums (sorta)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
the_arson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forums (sorta)

Hey all, I joined awhile ago because I was going to get a dakota but ended up not getting one so haven't posted in awhile. Now I'm working on getting a diesel ram and hopefully will have one around thanksgiving or so (was told prices go down around then) Right now I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee ltd. that I really like but has had problems since I got it. The dealership I got it from were ******** and I think it had problems when they got it. The day after I got it the check engine light came on, they jerked me around for 3 months just turning the light off saying "jeeps sometimes have this problem" turns out that it had problems with a cylinder and was $1500 to fix. After arguing with them for a few weeks we got them to pay for it. It was fine for a few weeks then the light comes on for engine coolant being low. That ended up needing the radiator replaced and I decided to go to a dodge dealer to get it fixed since I was sick of the guys I got it from (bought it at a VW dealership that also has a chrysler dealer in another city) Well the guys at the Dodge dealer were very helpful and fixed it. The price to fix it was over what they qouted, so after I told them that he actually dropped it down a few hundred dollars to help us out. I have always liked the Ram and hopefully it works out that I get it....but I really like the customer service at the dealership. Anyways, now the check engine light came on again and the Jeep has emission problems so we decided not to fix it and just get something before I need to go for emissions. The guy at the dealer said I should lease a Ram and then buy it. I'm wondering if this is good advice or if it would be better to just finance it. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this board and have been learning all I can from posts here the past few days.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: New to Forums (sorta)

Welcome to Dodge Forum (sorta)!

I'm not a big fan of a lease on a truck simply because they tend to get used harder and driven more than cars which will cost you big time at the end of your lease. You'll have no equity in the truck as well, unlike a vehicle that you've made payments on.

Read all the fine print and also ask the dealer WHY they feel a lease is best for you. There are some good sites on the internet that explain the pros and cons of leasing.......just "Google" it!

Dusty

Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: New to Forums (sorta)

Welcome back to the site.

Quick Reply: New to Forums (sorta)