New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New dude from MA. '05 Magnum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
yo_marc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dude from MA. '05 Magnum.

What's up everyone? I've been lurking for a bit, picking up bits of info here and there. This looks to be a great site. Lots of good info, looks to be well moderated...

I just picked up a used '05 Magnum SXT about 4 weeks ago. It's some sort of metal-flake-black that looks great when I keep it clean. Light grey leather interior. Straight up RWD. I believe it's got all the bells and whistles but the Boston Acoustics speaker setup. It's a fun little car for sure. Gets around pretty good for what it is. Man, does it ride awesome (compared to things I'm used to driving at least).

I came from a '04 Silverado SS... I'm a complete gearhead, it's hard for me to leave anything alone. I did a lot of work to the motor on that truck; headers, multiple cam swaps, my own PCM tuning, etc, etc. Fun stuff. I was a very active member over at LS1tech.com ... you could say I'm initimately familiar with 3rd Gen Chevy (motors). I loved to study cam theory and PCM tuning. Hopefully I can bring some usefull info over this way, and I can learn about this side of the house...

The SXT here is my attempt at getting away from modifying the engines of daily drivers. :\ I decided to trade in the SS after it developed a nasty valvetrain knock ... Again. I was not in the mood to go back into the motor, so away it went. At the time, I was already shopping around for something else because of the mileage I was getting in the truck and the frequency of which I was actually using it as a truck.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' here...

Thanks for checking out my ramble.
-marc

Old 10-27-2006, 07:17 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: New dude from MA. '05 Magnum.

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Marc!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Welcome to the forum [8D]

Old 11-10-2006, 11:55 AM
yo_marc

Hey, thanks guys...!

Quick Reply: New dude from MA. '05 Magnum.