New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

95 1500 4x4 5.9 stalls at low

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Gregg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 1500 4x4 5.9 stalls at low

I have a 95 4x4 5.9 single cab short bed and it stalls out some times when its in gear or comming to a stop sign or turning corners. I had a shop scan it and no codes.(go figure) i had replaced about every thing on the throttle body and no love. It has about 104k on it. some ppl say its my map sensor and i say its something else. Has anyone ever had this problem before? I think that it might have something to do with the fuel pump or injectors. But i dont want to waste my time or money is thats not the problem. while sitting in park a few weeks ago there was a surge in the idle so i had replaced the iac motor, that stop the surge at idle but still stalls out when im in a parking lot going from reverse to drive. Any help on this would be help full. Thanks Gregg@netgearhead.com

Old 06-24-2003, 11:57 AM
kossuth
Professional

I'm new here but to me that seems like it isn't a sensor issue. I know on most types of cars if a sensor is defunct the ECM/PCM will go into a fail safe mode and the SES light will illuminate. It sounds to me like you might have a vacuum leak someplace. I would get a vacuum tester and see if all your vacuum lines are good ect ect. I would also check around the TB and make sure that you don't have a messed up gasket there. Spray some WD40 or carb cleaner down there while the motor is running. If it takes off and races you have found your problem.

Old 06-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Gregg

I finally found out what my problem was. It was the IAC motor. I had put a new on in but i had some buddies rushing me to get it done so i didnt clean the hole on the back of the TB. Finally after a few days if getting fed up with it i was going to replace every thing on the TB and when i went to napa I opened the hood to find out that i don't think that i ever pluged the IAC motor in after cleaning the hole out. So i held off spending $200 in parts, drove her down the road a lil bit and shes been fine ever since.

Quick Reply: 95 1500 4x4 5.9 stalls at low