New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Soon to be Ram owner in CA... another new guy thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:21 AM
JackBauer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be Ram owner in CA... another new guy thread

Hey all... after lots of Consumer Reports and Edmunds reading/reviews, several test drives and a good bit of back and forth I have decided on a 4X4 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi Quad Cab Laramie over the F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4. My local dealer is searching for my pick (patriot blue, moonroof, pwr sliding rear and tan buckets) and is supposed to be getting back to me with some numbers tomorrow.

I found the F-150 more comfy, spacious (no Dodge Mega Cab... was just a bit too long for me) and aesthetically appealing inside but performance felt like they ran out of steam after all that luxury design. The truck was nice to drive and a bit more quiet than the Ram but felt sluggish, had less ground clearance and just felt heavier overall. Bottom line was the Dodge was more fun!

Anyways, I'm confident in my decision and am looking forward to getting my new truck and already have plans for flows, cold air intake and linex. So I'm glad to be here and am open to info on my new purchase (best cold air intake for hp, other options to boost hp, mpg, care, etc.)

Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Default RE: Soon to be Ram owner in CA... another new guy thread

Welcome to D.Forum.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: Soon to be Ram owner in CA... another new guy thread

Welcome to the forum [8D]