Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Remote mounted turbo setups?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:52 PM
DodgeDakota99RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote mounted turbo setups?

hey man whats up..? so i see you are in the same spot as every other dakota owner out there with the question of does anyone know of a kit?? i wish dakotas had parts out the wazoo for them like the damn 5.0 stangs and ls1 lt1 f bodys do... so any ways... i have been to the sts website and seen that they dont have a kit for tha dakota but they do make awesome stuff for other applications... grrr but i am in the process of pieceing together a rear mount turbo on my 99 dodge dakota RT... gonna run and intercooler too...

i have done lots of research into this turbo thing and putting them in the front is a bad idea i think atleast lots of heat and if you try to do any work on the engine it is impossible... so im sticking with the rear mount turbo gonna stick it right behind the cab under neath the bed there below the stock heat shield... as for injectors and other stuff tuning... i think the best way is to buy a stand alone computer setup like a Fast XFI or Spectre make and awesome kit too about 1k not included throttle body injectors and stuff... check em out jegs sells the spectre computer part number 865-7100 try it out www.jegs.com

the fuel setup i think is best to get rid of the whole setup and run new lines and big pump with a rising rate fuel regulator like jegs pn #027-13109 not a bad price 141.99

for me i am going to hook up all the turbo stuff, turbo piping oil lines intercool (huge) to get that temp down and hook it up and run at 2-4 psi until i get the FMU and fuel system installed...

hope this helps at all...?

let me know

Quick Reply: Remote mounted turbo setups?