Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
brian1012
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo

hello i am new to the site. I am speaking on behalf of my little brother who decided to purchase a turbo for his car. he is usually pretty good about installing new things to his car but, and he wouldnt admit it, i think he is having problems with this install. i was searching on line for a how-to or illistrations on how to install the turbo he purchased but i cant seem to find what i am looking for. if some one could point me in the right direction i would be so thankful.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Default RE: turbo

what kind of turbo does he have? what car?

Old 06-09-2007, 06:42 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

If you are asking such a broad question like that, and looking for intructions, I can guarantee some major headaches. It's not like an intake where you bolt it on hook up a tube and go. There is fuel, timing, boost control, lubrication,tuning, ect, ect, that go along with it. Boosting a normally N/A car is quite a project. If you don't know what you're doing you can easily and very quickly ruin an engine with boost. You might want to consider bringing it to a shop to take care of it.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

ORIGINAL: rtkota5point9

If you are asking such a broad question like that, and looking for intructions, I can guarantee some major headaches. It's not like an intake where you bolt it on hook up a tube and go. There is fuel, timing, boost control, lubrication,tuning, ect, ect, that go along with it. Boosting a normally N/A car is quite a project. If you don't know what you're doing you can easily and very quickly ruin an engine with boost. You might want to consider bringing it to a shop to take care of it.
+1

He should have just sold the car and bought a turbo Dodge. [sm=happy046.gif]

Quick Reply: turbo