Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

A noob in need

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:39 PM
kendallbea183
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A noob in need

I have a 2001dodge ram 1500 5.2 and I'd like to put in a supercharger, but I don't know where to begin... I have searched and done much research on everything and would love to buy a kit that contains all the stuff, I know a mechanic that will put it in for me... I also am not to sure about the problems the added power and torque that a engine can add onto a transmission... My trans is automatic and stock is there anything I would need to update it so it wont become destroyed as I saw a dodge cummings transmission whose parts looked as if they were in hyroshema during WW2... I'd love to avoid it, but mod my truck to be amazing... I would greatly apreciate any advice you guys can give me I have a budget of 1,200$ every 2 weeks... I don't mind spending the money, I'd rather pay for something a bit more expencive and get it done right with something that will last. I am going to add a cold air intake and a new performance thermostat as well as a new exaust system, and maby a computer chip... but I'd like the supercharger the most, agian, any help will be greatly apreciated

Quick Reply: A noob in need