Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

can it be done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Matt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can it be done?

Just wondering if it could be done and what would be involved in putting a 671 blower on an 04 hemi ram

Old 08-06-2005, 06:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: can it be done?

in theory it would work, but you would have to fabricate a manifold, and I am not sure how far back the engine sits...if it is too far back, the cowl panel could be in the way, but if its far enough forward, it would only take fabricating a manifold, and cutting a hole in the hood, as well as some intensive tuning.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Matt

which brings up another question. How would I go about tuning the computer

Old 08-08-2005, 07:38 PM
FEAR THE HEMI

Like BadStratRT mentioned you would need a custom intake manifold created. Now you would have 2 choices on fueling, 1 you could add 2 carbs and swith over to a distributor system, add a crank trigger etc. It would take a little custom wiring to pickup the crank signal from the crank position sensor. Or 2 you can go fuel injection with an after market computer system like FAST DFI or Big Stuff 3 etc. These computers will plug into all of the stock engine sensors as well as the new sensors with the blower fuel injection kit, ie Throttle Position Sensor, MAP sensor, IAC sensor etc.

Aside from the motor components you will need to cut the hood or add a fiberglass pin-on hood, you will also need to remove the stock windshield and replace it with a speedglass type windshield. You will not be able to cut back the glass that over hangs into the engine bay to clear the blower. Also you might lose the passengers side wiper as the wiper motor sits right in the center at the front of the windshield.

Lastly, the cost is not cheap... well a 671 blower with carbs will run you anywhere from $4000-$6000 if you went fuel injected it can be anywhere from $8000-10,000+ this is just for the blower kit + carbs or Blower Kit + injection + PCM. That doesn't include fuel system, ignition, hood, glass or installation and tuning if you can't do it your self.

I say go for it if you can, I personally love a blower with a scoop sticking out of any hood. I'm a fan of the prostreet look.

Lee

Old 08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Matt

On the plus side the blower itself would beyond cheap. My friend is going to send me one for FREE. Yeah everything else is gonna be as expensive as hell but you cant pass up a free blower!

Old 08-11-2005, 11:55 PM
injmopar
Veteran

Grampa always said never look a gift blower in the mouth.Wait grampa never had a car.O well I never did under stand half of what he was talking about. Has it been on a car or does it have to be converted.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Matt

Dont really know. If it is gonna cost too much to get it on the trck Im just gonna look for an old car with a good size carbed motor. What exactly do you mean by converted?