Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

N2O

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM
stormer426
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default N2O

Ya'll are aware the only need for laughing gas in a MoPar would be it's the barganing chip in the trunk MoPars need not nitrous!

Old 11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Default RE: N2O

Is that really all you have to say on it? Come now, every vehicle used on the strip can benefit from NOS. If it's blown NOS is great for the top end, if you're turboed it's great to get you off the line and make up for that turbo lag. Doesn't matter what kind of car it is or how much it pushes without NOS, I guarantee you a 500hp blown roadrunner will beat a 500hp blown charger if the roadrunner pushes that switch near the end when he's half a car length or less back. Effectively making that roadrunner a 600hp beast for the last hundred feet or so.
Now if you put that thing in the GT and GTS class racing around the road course ofcourse NOS won't do you any good, but neither would it help anyone else out there.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my buddy's 4 cylinder sebring is in the 14s with a newer diff, and a bottle.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:04 AM
stormer426
Professional

Right then guess I'll really step in it now, N20 engine technology is very good, supercharged engine technology good deal of fun too, 500 horse supercharged V-8 anything example = poor choice of pieces. I have succumb to MoParasitis now for 30 years or so beacause of the benifits of chassis control and good power potential with out the use of N20. As I said earlier I've dosed a few of my cars mostly to combat the "it's only a 283" chevy types building for power with N20 while being more like 388c.i. or something seems these types want cars also, why not just go basic power, much more satisfaction mopping up N20-ophites on engine only coupled with 1.60 something 60 foots.

My foray into supercharged 4WD's was most for sand and gooey mud where well rounded roots supercharged engine construction lets you get instant and sustained wheelspeed with the ability to go farther, faster and, deeper before yer stuck than a hit o' the unit. Alas I must pay the penalty of conservetive boost/bmep or cutting pump with race gas, or a methonal build.

Most fun with N20 for myself yet has been a 73 RX-3 Mazda hoping to see what something from Hiroshima would do with a bit too much spray!! nothing spectacular just siezure o matic but great fun in the taunting of big block whatevers with the "dude it's only 70 cubes!" why doncha set me out a couple cars kinda spankings!

I assume all the nice folks with pro-mods make this the arguement seems most blown cars doing the deed to N2O cars.

Nowadays with all the great stuff out there from Indy, MP and such some stout things can be assembled with out N20 or a wheezer.

Road race type things are back to basic power and don't really need N20 at all (can't think of any sanctioning body that allows it use) but it is a useful sneaky power adder for the not enough cube things that want put the hurt on 296-366 cube things, I have yet to see it on the track but on the canyon street kind of things a little shot o' juice could really help out of the apex into a longish straight or getting by that lumbering dually in front.

New improved cars with a hit of N20 can be quite entertaining also, but at what level and how long?

o.k. finger tired now see, I'm just not cut out for the button!!! VIVA MoPar

Old 11-13-2005, 08:18 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeebus corpus mate !!! U from the UK or something????LOL J/P