Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Amaloney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo?

I currently have a Dakota still sitting around, and I am wanting to drop a v-8 possibly a 360 and am wanting to turbocharge it. I want to know what size or brand of turbo anyone would recommend. This truck is being built to be a hot rod I have a durango for a daily driver.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Turbo?

How much money are you willing to spend and how much power are you wanting?

Old 01-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Amaloney

well I have a few friends who do drag racing, that said they could hook me up with some decent turbos possibly. I do not really know what I would need to deal with from there. The new motor will most likely being coming out of a Ram. I plan on rebuilding it while it is out. I was told that I could go to junkyards and acquire almost everything I needed for a twin turbo setup for under 1000.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need to build a low compression strong 360 around 8.0 compression. Some parts your not going to find in the junkyard and some you don't want to use from the junkyard anyway. Are any of your drag racing friends running turbos? Garrett turbos are very good and there are tons out there in all sizes and applications and they were used on the 80's Chrysler turbo 4 cylinders, so you can even find them in the junkyards from time to time. Check out various turbocharger websites for specific packages for your application.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Amaloney

Thanks, yes one of my buddies around here him and his dad both run drag cars one has a twin turbo the other a single turbo. I do not know which car runs which though. On top of that his daily driver has twin turbo on it.. Just so you know finding some of the motor parts won't be to hard I am in mechanical engineering and most of the people I have classes with have car projects on the side, and know alot of people who can help me find the parts I need.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Whatsrt4
Rookie

Usually its recomended to do the internals of your engine if you want to have more than 10 lbs of boost.With a twin turbo set-up,I'd want to.. CRANK UP THE BOOST.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:56 AM
1986 turbo z

If you would like to spend the money just once on a bad A$$ turbo get a Greddy 16G and you will love it forever I think there site it Greddyracing .com.. My buddy has a 98 mitsubishi eclipse that he converted to awd with 3' down-pipe and exhaust and it run 11.3's in the quartermile he in Paw Paw,MI

Quick Reply: Turbo?