North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Any body interested in a NY DF meet at the NY Auto show?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 AM
rervf23
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, more DF members in my area than I would have thought. I am in Malta, NY. When I had my 2004 Sport Quadcab, I had Monro muffler put an AeroTurbine on it. They did a good job and also gave me a fire department discount. Very nice people there. My son works for Morris Ford and I have to have all my service done there. I think I am the ony person who has had 3 Dodge Rams and all of them were serviced by my son at the Ford dealership. Every time he brings the truck into the service bay all the techs have to say
the same thing - "Theres a Dodge in our garage". All in good fun, I hope. Both previous Rams never needed any more service other than regular oil changes and the occasional tire rotation. I hope this new Ram is just as good.

Last edited by rervf23; 03-18-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rare aries
Getting it back on shouldn't be problem if either the muffler or the pipe need to be bigger in diameter we have a machine to take of that, not mention a welder.
I'll have to keep you in mind. Im going to need to run duals off my PPH's to run my front axle. I hate having to take out my y pipe but i have no choice

Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
UltraMag50
Professional

Another interested member here. Whats the outcome look like? Will this happen or nah?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

Lets get a head count of who's coming. From there well plan a meeting spot. For those who like my self will be from the Albany area, we could drive in one vehicle, goto Salsbury Mills and take the train to the city, its cheaper than driving into Midtown (tolls and parking), and the car will be safer. When I lived 5 mins from the station my wife and I would take the train.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I'll be going on Sun the 19th. I will most likely drive to Salsbury Mills in Orange County and take the train the rest of the way.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I'll be going on Sun the 19th. I will most likely drive to Salsbury Mills in Orange County and take the train the rest of the way.
That's a haul, wouldn't the Albany/Rensselaer station be easier?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I was thinking about the drive, and I thought maybe leaving Saratoga would be better. I could drive down to the Albany station. Where is it?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

I was thinking about the drive, and I thought maybe leaving Saratoga would be better. I could drive down to the Albany station. Where is it?
It's right off 787, just before the empire plaza exit I think (or maybe the same one). As I mentioned in the PM though a round trip from there to penn station and back is about $100 unless you leave Albany at 6am and leave penn station at almost midnight then it's around $60. Bit too much for a day trip for me. There is a possibility I might go down at the beginning of the weekend to look at apartments near my job and stay at a friend's house in which case I could meet up with people in the city on sunday. That's still up in the air though.

Quick Reply: Any body interested in a NY DF meet at the NY Auto show?