official specs for g8 released

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official specs for g8 released

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

im not sure what you dont agree with...?

youre just stating a bunch of speculated points. dont get me wrong, much of them could turn out to be true, but things like the LS7 becoming the mid level engine, is only hopeful right now. i read all of the rumors too, especially about vettes and the blue devil/ss/Z07 isnt going to take the place of the Z06...its most likely going to be a limited run supercar...with a price tag to match.

however, the LS7 in the G8 would make sense for their high end model...but thats why i said, theyre going to need something peppier than that motor to keep up with the srt8 vehicles, especially if these "6.5L" rumors are true.
The LS3 is already in the 2008 Corvette, so its not much of a stretch to see the LS3 migrating to the G8. They did it before with both the Camaro/Corvette and the GTO/Corvette...so I dont see how its speculation. Its more of a matter of when then if.

Perhaps its just a difference of viewpoint, but if you have a base, a performance model, and a limited edition, high end performance car....regardless of how you view it.....you essentially have a mid-level Corvette in the ZO6. The SRT models are limited in number, and more expensive. How can that be any different? I guess its just a case of symantics perhaps?

Where else was I speculating? The rest is all information straight from GM's mouth.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Z06 is the current limited edition corvette, and it seems to me that the blown super vette is going to be like the L88 cars (I think that there wereonly about 70 a year made of those).

i think that it would be wise of gm to ***** out the LS7 to keep up with the SRT sedans...it would make things alot more interesting, and in the long run, it would probably benefit dodge enthusiasts.

but you have to wonder, where is this going to all stop? the base corvette is going to have 430hp? family sedans and wagons...and SUVs with 400+hp engines...gm has their blower engine for the next vette...dodge is sitting on the 6.4L hemi, and supposedly a 6.5 that is slated for the challenger...i have to think that at some point, the govt will come up with some lame *** excuse to pull some power away.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Importkiller1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad officialy the g8 won't have manual when first released.

Quick Reply: official specs for g8 released