Toyota's Carbon Fiber Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota's Carbon Fiber Hybrid

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...x_concept.html

This car weighs in at less than 1000lbs, odly enough they forgot to give it doors.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Toyota's Carbon Fiber Hybrid

That's bad not having doors, but you know who's nearly as bad? Honda. I went to test drive a Honda Fit a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how paper thin those doors were. My Benz's doors are thick and it still gets 35mpg, so I don't know why the Japanese manufacturers are doing that.

On a side note, I'd like to see that Toyota do a 35mph front crash test. Unless that car is made out of titanium other than the carbon fiber, I bet those A pillars would be nonexistant after the crash...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Something to keep in mind fellas, is that this vehicle is a concept and most likely a target vehicle. Several countries where roads are small or too cluttered (think England, Japan, China) you'll probably see this vehicle targeted at.

Countries like Australia, Germany, France, Italy, and the entire North American continent, wont see these vehicles soon, if ever...simply due to higher crash rating standards and other vehicles that would destroy it in a crash...

Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Something to keep in mind fellas, is that this vehicle is a concept and most likely a target vehicle. Several countries where roads are small or too cluttered (think England, Japan, China) you'll probably see this vehicle targeted at.

Countries like Australia, Germany, France, Italy, and the entire North American continent, wont see these vehicles soon, if ever...simply due to higher crash rating standards and other vehicles that would destroy it in a crash...
Yet you see the smart cars here occasionally. Pulled up next to one the other day, it went from the front of my Dak to about the front of my drivers door, holy crap that thing was small. I still want to know how those pass safety standards.

Quick Reply: Toyota's Carbon Fiber Hybrid