toyota's new gadget

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
JayH2112
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: toyota's new gadget

Wasn't impressed with the looks. If it performs it should be interesting.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
casper3380
Veteran

Toyota pulled out of the diesel market before even entering, nissan too, couldnt hack it i guess, lol. If its anything like the present tundra we have, im scared for Toyota's future. The best way to compare the Tundra to a Ram is like camparing pot metal to hardened steel, its not gonna hold up.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 PM
manogmin
Professional

yeah, i also liked the "medium duty suspension" that wont hold up, and wont tow with the big 3 duallys, i dont think that would go anywhere in the market.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not going into production, at least not soon, notice how careful they were to state it was just a project vehicle, not a concept. Devils, I really don't think the previous Tundra counts a full size truck so it should be more like what, 2nd year? All you have to do is park a Ram nose to nose with one of the older Tundras, it becomes obvious how "full size" it is.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Altair

It's not going into production, at least not soon, notice how careful they were to state it was just a project vehicle, not a concept. Devils, I really don't think the previous Tundra counts a full size truck so it should be more like what, 2nd year? All you have to do is park a Ram nose to nose with one of the older Tundras, it becomes obvious how "full size" it is.
They've been working on the current Tundra for about 7 years.....and Toyota's been racing in NASCAR for about 3 1/2 years now in the truck series....

They had the T100, which wasnt a fullsize truck....but the previous Tundra qualified...barely...

Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Axe07
Rookie

The previous Tundra wasnt a true full size, it was referred to in auto-zines a s a 7/8. Whatever that means. Due to the cheap boring interior of the 3rd gen Rams, I would take a Titan or a Tundra any day of the week over a Dodge. Now the 09 Rams, those are nice trucks.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:17 AM
RamItOne

i love how people say its still a toyota or that american trucks are built better or that toyota as a company wont last.
i love my dodge, but a 5.7 tundra will beat a 5.7 hemi hands down (not talking about mods), if toyo gets into the HD market in a few years a lot of people will switch, the new tundra is slowly but surely prooooving itself. did anyone notice 8l in a straigt 6. wow.
and last but not least, toyot wont last as a company, give me a break, they are killing the american auto mfgs.

please think or better yet know before you type.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Axe07
Rookie

I think alot of its that old (spoken w/southern accent, if possible)"MY great grandpappy drove a (insert Ford, Chevy, or Dodge here) and my grandpappy drove a (again) and my daddy drove a (again) and thats why I drive a (one more time)" closed mindedness. I used to be like that, then one day got tired of the myriad of issuesme and family members havehad over the years (Chrysler family as long as I can remember) with Chrysler products, and bought a Titan. Loved that truck, love the new Tundras, love the new (4th gen) Rams. No more blind loyalty for me.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:07 AM
RamItOne

as for the medium duty comments, the tundra dually at sema had a tow capacity of 35,000 pounds and a payload cap of 20-25000 pounds. The rear axle is of a hino truck. So to all the idiots out there just stfu.

I just found out that toyo is holding off on the 1 ton market right now as sales of 1 ton trucks fell 40% over last year, toyo will let the big 3 take it on the chin. They are still on course for a light duty diesel mid 2010.

yalls closed mindedness is pathetic. Tell me what the current 1500 5.7 is better at than the 5.7 tundra. Think the stock gears are 4.10 and then 4.30 for towing, here dodge is still putting out 3.55 and 3.73s and their towing is 3.92. The big 3 are behind the 8 ball in a lot of areas.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RamIt, HP and speed doesnt make it a better truck.

ORIGINAL: Axe07

I think alot of its that old (spoken w/southern accent, if possible)"MY great grandpappy drove a (insert Ford, Chevy, or Dodge here) and my grandpappy drove a (again) and my daddy drove a (again) and thats why I drive a (one more time)" closed mindedness. I used to be like that, then one day got tired of the myriad of issuesme and family members havehad over the years (Chrysler family as long as I can remember) with Chrysler products, and bought a Titan. Loved that truck, love the new Tundras, love the new (4th gen) Rams. No more blind loyalty for me.
Titans are such good trucks that Nissan has now made a deal with Chrysler, to make them the new Titan.

Quick Reply: toyota's new gadget