Nissan/Toyota Commercials .

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nissan/Toyota Commercials .

Fella's did you guys see the Nissan/Toyota commercials during the Raven's/Cleveland Brown game sunday? I could be wrong, but it appears that Nissan and Toyota are making the pitch for the toughest pickup trucks on the market.
What's your opinion?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan/Toyota Commercials .

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Fella's did you guys see the Nissan/Toyota commercials during the Raven's/Cleveland Brown game sunday? I could be wrong, but it appears that Nissan and Toyota are making the pitch for the toughest pickup trucks on the market.
What's your opinion?
Consider this....

Both these automakers have come into the full size truck market in a fairly short time frame (roughly 10 years at most), and put out quality trucks. Now, before anyone goes bashing on the Titan or Tundra.....consider that these trucks, while not better then Dodge or perhaps even GM's new trucks, are still better then what Dodge, GM, and Ford put out the last 20 years......in fact, if you exclude the new styled Rams (2003 + up) and the new GM/Chevy trucks (2005 & up) they're really pushing the truck market.

I would still buy a Dodge CTD over any truck on the market, but Nissan and Toyota are really pushing all the other truck makers to really up the ante....and quite honestly, its good for everyone involved. And let's be fair here....the fact that the Japanese are building trucks that put out 350hp+, are capable of doing most of the same things that a Dodge can, and have a bunch of good ideas thrown into them......that's really impressive for companies who tend to build econo cars and small SUV's.....

I wouldnt be surprised if either the Titan or the Tundra (or both) overtakes Ford as the 3rd best truck...behind GM and Dodge.....and right now....they're off to a good start I think...

Let's not turn this into a bash fest...

Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Overtakes Ford as the 3rd best truck, that is a good one. I may own a Dodge, but Ford are the toughest trucks out there. If I could afford a new truck it would be a Ford, although I admit if I was gonna buy a diesel....the cummins would be trying to change my mind.

As far as the Tundra and Titan go, I see trucks as an American thing. I will never buy a foreign full-size truck. I would buy a Chevy before I did that (it would take alot for me to go chevy).

I do not get into this whole "ohhh that truck sucks thing", but I will stick up for Ford when I have to. My family hashad 3 of the 15 passenger vans with the V10, I dare anyone to find a better van. We have always had Ford trucks, my last truck was an old diesel, I loved it.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JayH2112

Overtakes Ford as the 3rd best truck, that is a good one. I may own a Dodge, but Ford are the toughest trucks out there. If I could afford a new truck it would be a Ford, although I admit if I was gonna buy a diesel....the cummins would be trying to change my mind.

As far as the Tundra and Titan go, I see trucks as an American thing. I will never buy a foreign full-size truck. I would buy a Chevy before I did that (it would take alot for me to go chevy).

I do not get into this whole "ohhh that truck sucks thing", but I will stick up for Ford when I have to. My family hashad 3 of the 15 passenger vans with the V10, I dare anyone to find a better van. We have always had Ford trucks, my last truck was an old diesel, I loved it.
B/S on Ford building the toughest trucks, As a ex die hard Ford owner, I strongly admit they had thier day, along time ago.

My last two Fords, a 02 and a 04 F-150 were the most expensive, least realiable crap you could get, prior to the 02 I had awsome luck with Ford, but no one remembers the past unless your still driving it..

I used to view dodge as crap. prue and simple, But when loyality was put aside and the pocket book facterd in, I drove all the brands ( not the restyled Gm, was not out yet ) and went for the best deal I could get,

Loyality is blind when quality is missing, a lot of the dodge converts here are ex Ford owners and Toyota and nissan build really good products, not perfect, but better an average than UAW built stuff.

Most people can not afford to be loyal, best vaule for the buck and how well your current car/truck are doing will influance you to stay with a brand, or jump.

All ford has been concerned abought is wining a sales race in a crapy put togethier product.

Just wait until japan gets into the diesel market, hell hyundia builds more than cars, they build ships, they to will market a pick up.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

i agree with Jay, ford is the toughest truck out there.... i love my dodge don't get me wrong but my next would be a ford, and definately the powerstroke..... and sorry guys but i gotta move this to a different section....

Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HuntinHanson

i agree with Jay, ford is the toughest truck out there.... i love my dodge don't get me wrong but my next would be a ford, and definately the powerstroke..... and sorry guys but i gotta move this to a different section....
Man how long has it been since you've had a Ford? The older ones were tough as nails sure but they've gone downhill. I'm going to be crucified for saying this but the the best ones right now are GMC/Chevy in my opinion. They've done an amazing job with the new ones, before you rip my head off completely at least give one a test drive . That said I can't wait to see Dodge's response with the 2009 Ram (it better be good! I'm expecting a lot from it )

Quick Reply: Nissan/Toyota Commercials .