Viper Fighter or Viper Rip Off? 2006 ZO6 C6 Vette:

Old 11-23-2004, 04:07 AM
hemi77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper Fighter or Viper Rip Off? 2006 ZO6 C6 Vette:

I think it looks great. Know that the vette and the viper will have the same power. We'll have to see the true winner. I heading towards the vette. Sorry viper fans..........................

Old 11-23-2004, 04:47 AM
TJW815
Veteran

honestly, the new vette looks great, isn't too much of a viper wanna be, someone said look at the 500 hp, well it lacks in the torque so it's still not gonna keep up with the viper.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:44 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think theyre tight. id rather have a viper, but i like it. if its a knock off anything,...id say its more of a ferrari knock off with those headlights and the way the resized it this year.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:40 PM
futSRT8owner

Eversince the first pictures of the Corvette Z06 came out, everyone is calling the vette a copycat of the Viper. Thats what GM does. In the near future, look for a Chevy HHT coming out. It looks just like a PT Cruiser w/ similar specs.

Can't GM come up w/ their own designs rather than brand engineering and copying other companies designs.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

Can't GM come up w/ their own designs rather than brand engineering and copying other companies designs.
they have... but when they do that they screw it up... Malibu... Monte Carlo... Impala... etc.

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 11-23-2004, 01:03 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a late model malibu in the area with a big body kit on it...its sooo beat.
but still cooler than mustangs...at least hes different...

very, very different...

Old 12-18-2004, 10:23 PM
kevin505
Rookie

i think that the new Z06 is awesome.and the only reason i like it so much is because it has a lot of features that the viper has.the viper rocks...and so does every dodge. i do think though that GM it sorta copying off of dodge. i mean come on...they did when dodge came out with the "big rig" look in the ram just a couple years ago.now look at chevy and gmc and ford.they have bigger grills.all they are doing is copying dodge because dodge has the best looks and i think that that is what has happened with the vette.but it still looks sweet

Old 12-21-2004, 04:11 AM
OG MagDak
Professional

first copying the door vents was one thing (and they did copy it.) the 50's vette had coves, well the coves face the other way, they started at the front wheel well, then swept back and curved to the front again, this new door thing was on the viper befor the vette. but then again the vette did have the little puny vents before, so i'll let them slide on that one, but that hood scoop?!?! COME ON !! have some imagination, if i was a chevy designer i woud want the vette to look as far from the viper as possible, bbut thats just me. i dont care aboutthis at all though, as ong as the viper stays in front performancewise, and unfortunately it looks like the gap is getting much smaller :-(

Old 12-21-2004, 10:57 AM
nmason
Veteran

viper rip-off? no way. tey havent ventured too far from the previous vette. they did get away from the smooth look of yesteryear, but theyve done that to all their vehicles. viper still looks and performs better, but i would own a vette before the viper any day, its cheaper, insurance wouldnt cost as much, and its a legend of a car.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Its a total Viper Rip off........ In many ways...... I dont understand why people are suprised it will be a little faster, it has a lower gear ratio and weighs less.... They have been struggeling for almost 15 years to beat the Viper.. But the vett is changed every 5 minutes to keep up and within the shadow of the Viper,...... The Viper only Changes ever 3 to 5 years, and just sits around while everyone scrambles to keep up...... If Mopar was 2nd,.....( we wouldnt be,) Thats the point. The Viper has dominated this class for more than a decade, and the vett is desperate to conquer it.... The Vett Is a good race car, but will always be made by Chevy, and will always just be a Corvett nothing more, and it will never have the stature of a super car..... If Mopar was hungry to be #1 instead of being #1..... There would be no contest...... When the next change comes, the competition will shutter yet again. Does the Viper have an 11 to 1 compression Ratio? or a 3.3 Gear ratio.... no the Vipers stats are Mild in comparison, yet the car is still far away in stature by comparison.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Viper Fighter or Viper Rip Off? 2006 ZO6 C6 Vette: