Caddy's 300C Challenger!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:03 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caddy's 300C Challenger!

2005 CADILLAC STS: SOPHISTICATED PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY

All-new Sigma-based Car is Highly Crafted Entry into Global Luxury Performance Sedan Market
Cadillac Signature Design Vocabulary
Rear-Wheel- or All-Wheel-Drive Performance
Northstar 4.6-liter V-8 VVT or 3.6-liter V-6 VVT
Dynamic Integrated Chassis Control Systems for Balanced Ride & Handling
The 2005 Cadillac STS is the luxury nameplate’s all-new luxury performance sedan. It has been designed, engineered and executed to deliver precision craftsmanship, outstanding performance, and sophisticated luxury in a distinctly American package.

Based on General Motors’ new rear-wheel-drive Sigma architecture, which also is the foundation for Cadillac’s entry-luxury CTS sedan, CTS V-series high-performance sedan, and SRX luxury performance utility – the STS is designed to compete head-on with world-renowned prestige sedans in markets around the globe.

“Our long-term goal for Cadillac is to become the Standard of the World once again,” said Mark LaNeve, general manager for Cadillac. “In order to succeed globally, we have to build vehicles that have outstanding performance, exceptional quality and reliability, and meet the demands of the most discerning car buyers. “The STS represents the latest step in that direction.”

From its Cadillac-signature bold exterior styling to its outstanding power and road capabilities, the STS is the product of unwavering attention to detail. More than 1,000 criteria points have been strictly adhered to throughout development of the vehicle. The result is outstanding fit and finish, overall harmony, refined performance and purposeful innovation.

“We feel very comfortable calling this a finely crafted car, but we also realize that’s the price of entry into this category,” said Jim Taylor, GM vehicle line executive, prestige vehicles. “The STS has simply been engineered to more than hold its own when matched against some of the best prestige luxury sedans in the world.”

While its overall shape brings a faster profile and more rake than its CTS sibling, it’s done so in the context of elegance and grace. Overall, the STS is 196-inches long, 72.6 inches wide and 57.6-inches high, making it the largest sedan offering in the Sigma-based family.

The exterior fit and finish on the STS is taking Cadillac to the next level of refinement and exemplifies the attention to detail seen throughout the vehicle. Body and exterior dimensions are precisely executed. Radii on major body components, such as the hood and decklid, are tight and contribute to its crisp exterior appearance. Doors-into-roof construction and a superplastic-formed aluminum decklid ensure a clean and refined exterior.

All interior gaps also achieve exceptionally close tolerances, enabling a tight, well-crafted appearance throughout. Eucalyptus wood and/or in-mold processed, dent and mar resistant aluminum trim is found on the steering wheel, center console, instrument panel, and door armrests.

Premium materials and fabrics are used throughout the interior. Dual-firmness Tuscany all-leather seats, available as heated and ventilated, are specially tanned for a softer feel. Spray-skinned urethane/natural grained surfaces on the door and instrument panel ensure an inviting, tactile touch, as do the headliner and interior pillars, which are soft backed and covered with a Monaco woven fabric.

In terms of performance, the STS will be available with a 255-horsepower 3.6L
V-6 in a rear-drive configuration, or the 320-horsepower Northstar 4.6L V-8 in both rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations. Both engines incorporate variable valve timing (VVT) and are mated to widely acclaimed 5-speed automatic transmissions with Driver Shift Control.

While the STS is true to Cadillac’s performance-oriented roots, a host of chassis refinements ensure that it hits the “sweet-spot” of ride and handling, resulting in a ride that keeps drivers fresh and comfortable without sacrificing the driving experience.

Road impacts and other harsh inputs are effectively absorbed and dissipated through ride-tuned tires, dampers, suspension components and bushings, as well as improved structure in body to chassis interfaces and additional refinements in the engine mounts.

Integrated chassis control technologies include a two-mode Magnetic Ride Control offering performance or touring selections, four-channel StabiliTrak, and an available high-precision ZF steering gear.

Technological appointments on the STS are plentiful, purposeful, and driver oriented. Such applications include an Easy Key system; Smart Remote Start system (not available in Europe or Russia); Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Intellibeam; re-configurable, four-color Head-Up Display (HUD); heated and ventilated seats; and heated steering wheel.

Of particular note is an available up-level infotainment system, which includes one of the industry’s first OEM-installed surround sound audio systems. The cabin is immersed with 15 speakers from Bose Corporation. The 5.1 Bose system also has an integrated six-disc CD/DVD changer and is capable of playing a broad array of formats including DVD-A, CD, and MP3. It includes an eight-inch VGA quality touch screen and advanced navigation. In addition, the system has Bluetooth capability, advanced voice recognition, and OnStar.

Like its Sigma-based siblings, the all-new STS will be built at GM’s state-of-the-art Lansing Grand River assembly center in Lansing, Mich., beginning in the summer of 2004.

The STS is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fourth quarter of 2004. Beginning in 2005, the STS will be available in Europe, Japan, Russia, Middle East, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel.

GM Media

redriderbob

Old 12-13-2004, 11:06 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Caddy's 300C Challenger!

blah[:'(] el puque

Old 12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I think it is a sharp car on the outside, but the interior has to be the wrost interior design I have seen in several years.

redriderbob

Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i like caddy alot(despite not being part of DCX). i think it is a great looking car. the price, what, wait, 50 garnd...hmmmm

Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a caddy nick. I still like the 300 better. It is more appealing since they softened the lines a bit.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:24 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Caddys were for "squares" back in the 60's.....now they look the part.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:11 AM
ptschett
Professional

I liked the last two STS generations, but the 300 kicks all those car's butts. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the sticker price on the (somewhat optioned up) STS at my hometown's GM dealer -- $62,000. I don't remember if it was even AWD (for the price it should have been!) And it's still down 20 hp on the Hemi despite having 16 more valves and VVT. No replacement for displacement!

Old 12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

As much as I really don't care for the styling of the 300C, it's downright stunning compared to this..... is there some unwritten rule lately that all these top-notch performance cars- including those from DCX- have to be downright fugly???[:'(][:@]

Old 12-14-2004, 03:14 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the way everything seems to be going though. I'm not into the sharp angle cars of today.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I like the caddy, especially the interior. It looks clean and classy. Too bad that's not the interior of the Viper.

-Matt-

Quick Reply: Caddy's 300C Challenger!