GM "GMT-900" Next Gen SUV NEWS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:09 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM "GMT-900" Next Gen SUV NEWS!

The New Yukon and Tahoe have been shown in production trim to factory workers in Wisconsin. With a mixed consensus. The chevy hood is reported to be bolder and actully be attached to the hood, i.e. Dodge Ram.

Retooling for the GMT-900 SUV in the Wisconsin plant will not be finished until Spring 2006!

I don't know if the whole project has been delayed again or if the plant is just going to have a slow changeover. The plant did open in 1919! It is scheduled to be closed around 2010 or so.

NOTE: There are other plants that will build this vehicle, but this looks like its going to be a slow roll out. GM has an Arlington plant that also builds the SUV's.

The GMT-900 Trucks are projected for sale a year or so after the SUV's.

Spy Pics
http://thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7703

Taken from CheersandGears.com

redriderbob

Old 12-31-2004, 05:20 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: GM "GMT-900" Next Gen SUV NEWS!

From the looks of things (that are visible) Chevy seems to of stopped it's "Out dated" spree. Those rims need to go though.

-Matt-

Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Now I happen to be going through some old discs, when I ran into one w/ some pictures of the next generation GM (Chevrolet) Avalanche and Tahoe. I posted these pictures together around Feburary this year, on http://www.pickuptruck.com and General Motors told the site to take them off, but I thought I would post them on here, to show what Dodge will have to battle against starting in 2006.

The 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, will have no cladding, and will feature a Chevrolet Equinox front end styling treatment. Expect the Avalanche to have somewhere around 330 horsepower coming from a new generation of 3-valve 5.3L "VORTEC" V-8s.

No one is sure if the new Chevrolet Tahoe will debut in 2006, or wait a year or so later. The Tahoe will get a front end treatment similar to that of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. Also expect a 5.3L "VORTEC" V-8 to have similar power to the Durango's 5.7L HEMI "MAGNUM" V-8.

redriderbob

Old 01-06-2005, 10:50 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I enlarged the pictures...

redriderbob

Old 01-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

Way to go Bob. To hell with GM's PR dept.

These look good to me. I could never understand why people would pay $33G for a car with grey plastic all over it. Same with the Ford Escape and the Subaru Baja.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:08 AM
ChargerSRT8
Professional

These really look like Fords to me. If they a GMs then they seem to be stealing Ideas from Ford as well as Chrysler.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Snafu

I'll have to wait and see them in person before I decide. Those spy shots look like a MAJOR improvement over their current junk. Right now I'm actually designing the automation system that will manufacture the brake lines for these trucks. Kinda cool to see what they might actually look like.

Quick Reply: GM "GMT-900" Next Gen SUV NEWS!