Top Sellers of 2008, so far

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
The Ford is F150 is more of a workhorse than the Ram 1500 currently. Best payload, better ride, and more towing capacity. Don't get me wrong, I love my 08 Ram 1500, but the Ford is built to work.
It tows well with the VVT and drive by wire TB. When wide open, it will actually make power and not retard timing and fuel until you start backing off of the throttle. The 9.75 rearend that comes with the 5.4L is much more reliable. 100K mile fluid changes and no worries of the LS clips falling out. The transmissions are bulletproof too.
It gets worse mileage because it is a stronger built, heavier truck. They also don't skip into the next lane when hitting a bump in a curve like the RAM does.

I am new to Dodge trucks this year (always had Fords, but the lifetime powertrain warranty and styling made me stray), but I am pleased with my Ram so far, other than the throttle issue, which I will be addressing with the dealer in the next day or so when it goes in for it's first oil change.
What I have observed makes me question the parts about Ford's transmissions being bulletproof. I've known plenty of F-series owners that haven't had perfect luck with their automatics to make me doubt this. On top of this, I witnessed a 5.4L blow last summer and after talking to a few other Ford owners have found that this engine is far from perfect, so I'm not convinced Ford is as perfect as some think they are.

About the points about the Caliber being more profitable than the Neon per unit. The issue is the same was true about the Neon compared to the Shadow, its called, they needed to build a new platform that was more cost effective. What they did in this case to accomplish this was borrow a platform and share the engine investment between themselves, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai and bought a transmission instead of investing the money to give it the right transmission.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 AM
dakster
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
I like the wife's new 09 Caliber. Much better looking than the Neons were.
I agree!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
AmericanMade(1992)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what i was gonna say 94 rt10ohio. That's what really sells at this point in automotive history. Unfortunately, the Asian and European folks are the only ones who have figured that out. All the while, the Big Three just keep focusing on more powerful cars that get worse and worse gas mileage. Ex: Pontiac G8 GT, Dodge Charger SRT8 (Ford doesn't really have a good one). At least Ford Mo. Co. and GM are coming up with some really economic compacts to compensate for these big bruisers. Chrysler Corp. better get the memo from global trends and make a few more eco-friendly (production, not concept) cars. Like something better than the Avenger, please. (Charger looks without the performance doesn't really sell, especially when it's supposed to be an economic car but isn't).

Quick Reply: Top Sellers of 2008, so far