2006 Mercedes Benz M-Class:

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Mercedes Benz M-Class:

The new M-class is an evolutionary development of its first generation predecessor, much as would be expected of the brand. The new more dynamic Mercedes-Benz design language is evident particularly in the diving hood line and profile of the car, as is the brand’s slightly more busy detailing; several short creases that quickly fade around the front and rear, and a cooling slat in the front bumper that looks like an afterthought.

Some of the most interesting aspects of the design are how the sharp creases that define the surfaces around the wheel arches, sills and rearmost part of the shoulder mix with more typical recent Mercedes softer surfacing. Also the way that the broad flat wheel arch surfaces twist into the car away from the wheel progressively more further towards the car’s extremities.

Inside the M-class has materials in a different league from its predecessor and some novel design elements such as prominent centre console grab handle / armrests mirrored in the door casing.

A handsome second generation design with few big surprises. Despite being in a more crowded market than its predecessor at launch in 1997, the new M-class should continue its success.

Source: Car Design News

redriderbob

Old 02-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Mercedes Benz M-Class:

O, well I don't think it has changed much. And this doesn't have to be in the off brand. D/C does make Mercedes.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:08 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Yes it has to be off-brand... doesn't matter the brand news is Dodge and some Chrysler, Jeep, and Chrysler Group news. The new M-Class is very sharp. Really like the flowing lines in the bottom part of the side windows, w/ the boldness of the lines in rear and the fender flares. The best styling detail of this Mercedes, is the headlamp design! Very slick! Also is the fact it is built right here in the United States of America, in Alabama!

redriderbob

Old 02-02-2005, 03:04 AM
OG MagDak
Professional

i thought the old ones were ugly, and i cant decide if this one is an improvment or not, but im definatly not impressed, so i guess it fits with the mercedes design theme!

Quick Reply: 2006 Mercedes Benz M-Class: