roush f-150 barely beats a hemi ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
srtommy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: roush f-150 barely beats a hemi ram

The truck pictured in the article does not have a supercharger on it. The Roush supercharger is a roots type. http://www.roushperf.com/Roushcharger.pdf

They claim it adds up to 112 HP. They even have the segment from Trucks! TV on the site. The article covers what Roush has to offer.

http://www.roushperf.com/html/roush_f150_stage2.htm

But I am sure the Ram will beat it in whatever configuration. But if you haven't driven an F-150 you should give it a try. It drives way better. Yes the Ram has more power, but Ford doesn't sell more F-Series because they are worse than the Ram. Don't knock if you haven't driven it.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Dark Knight

ORIGINAL: srtommy

The truck pictured in the article does not have a supercharger on it. The Roush supercharger is a roots type. http://www.roushperf.com/Roushcharger.pdf

They claim it adds up to 112 HP. They even have the segment from Trucks! TV on the site. The article covers what Roush has to offer.

http://www.roushperf.com/html/roush_f150_stage2.htm

But I am sure the Ram will beat it in whatever configuration. But if you haven't driven an F-150 you should give it a try. It drives way better. Yes the Ram has more power, but Ford doesn't sell more F-Series because they are worse than the Ram. Don't knock if you haven't driven it.
I know what you mean, I had been buying rams since '93 and then ayear ago they gave me a 04 F150 as a work truck. I have to say it drives worlds better than my 03 Ram and the interior is way better also.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Blackdak04
Rookie

Try driving an F-150 while towing...it sucks.. My friend just got one and if you tow anything...it ****in rides like the suspension is going to fall apart where as my dads ram will haul a 24 ft enclosed trailer loaded down to 11,000lbs...granted my dad has the 2500 but my friend who has the F-150..his parents also have a Ram 1500 Hemi and that hauls MUCH better than the F-150... so ride quality sucks. I don't know where you get the ride is better even when not hauling I feel that and the Ram have a 'decent' ride... it's a truck it's not a cadillac.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:26 AM
Dark Knight

O.K., so it's "I know a friend and his dad has a F150"...and so on and so on. I have driven the Ram and the F150 for countless hours (the F150 as a work truck 4X4 driven hard off road), so I will go with my own experience and not hearsay of someone's friend’s dad, so pardon me if I trust my own experience with the trucks. Not to mention what I have seen at the track with my own eyes. Unless Dodge does some major re-working of the Ram (not a refresh like the 06) my next truck will be an F150, maybe even a redesigned GM truck if they can top the F150. It is cool to have favorites or preferences but brand loyalty only limits your options and choices to one brand. The capitalist system has given us a free market of choices, why waste the opportunity by being brand loyal and placing a self-imposed limit of one brand like the old communist countries?

Old 09-29-2005, 01:59 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Roush's Roots-style supercharger delivers six psi boost and delivers a sweet blower whine to match. Roush's fresh-air inlet shuttles cool air to the supercharger while a free-breathing side dual-exhaust system (with polished twin tips) opens up the flow. A recalibrated computer manages the air/fuel mix more aggressively than stock. At the test track, the engine hardware cut 0-to-60-mph acceleration by nearly two seconds; on the street, the power boost dramatically increases passing ability.
thats straight from the article. that truck is supercharged.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Ah, I went BACK to page 1 and saw the updated picture with the supercharger. The proper link would have been http://motortrend.com/features/perfo...ers/index.html

Welcome to the internet.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Dark Knight

ORIGINAL: HemiMan4451

Roush's Roots-style supercharger delivers six psi boost and delivers a sweet blower whine to match. Roush's fresh-air inlet shuttles cool air to the supercharger while a free-breathing side dual-exhaust system (with polished twin tips) opens up the flow. A recalibrated computer manages the air/fuel mix more aggressively than stock. At the test track, the engine hardware cut 0-to-60-mph acceleration by nearly two seconds; on the street, the power boost dramatically increases passing ability.
thats straight from the article. that truck is supercharged.
I don't doubt you on what the article says. I am telling you that I don't live by what magazines say, I go by my own tangible experience. Magazines are great as a general guide but not as a gospel, especially when I have contradicting data that I have seen with my own two eyes at a track. Motor trend got a 14.9 in the Roush, to bad for them, I saw a brand new Extra-cab Roush do a 14.1 with no traction (which by the way on the same night there were a few lightly modded Rams running mid 15s and one high 14 regular cab with mods) putting bus lengths on a Ram, so what am I to believe? Motor Trend? I don't think so; Motor Trend has nice pictures though.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Kind of depends on the weather conditions doesn't it?

Old 09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

I don't doubt you on what the article says. I am telling you that I don't live by what magazines say, I go by my own tangible experience. Magazines are great as a general guide but not as a gospel, especially when I have contradicting data that I have seen with my own two eyes at a track. Motor trend got a 14.9 in the Roush, to bad for them, I saw a brand new Extra-cab Roush do a 14.1 with no traction (which by the way on the same night there were a few lightly modded Rams running mid 15s and one high 14 regular cab with mods) putting bus lengths on a Ram, so what am I to believe? Motor Trend? I don't think so; Motor Trend has nice pictures though.
Can you prove that the truck you saw was stock?

Old 09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Dark Knight

I was looking at it while the owner was talking with others, I heard him mention he had just bought it the day before and was at the track that night to get a baseline track time before he started modding it.

Quick Reply: roush f-150 barely beats a hemi ram