The 2008 Toyota Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The 2008 Toyota Ram?

Wow.... As a first time Dodge ram owner, I'm more than happy with my 06 2500 Ram. On paper and out in the real world it is the best truck for me to own. The new GM trucks and Toyota's were not on the market when I gave up on Ford. ( all I would drive )

I don't like the looks of the 3rd gen Ram, It's crazy, but true, the 2nd generation and the older 95 to 96 style was the best looking pick ups on the road, but I was stuck in the Ford grove back than, now a lot has changed.

First, its stupid to have blind faith in a brand if the bacon is not cooked to your standards, Dodge has it's equal share of issues but I'm convinced their turning the tide where as Ford is a trip to the toilet.

Car guieds, consumer reports, car and driver, ect are not bad publications to read, I found all the information booth possitive and negative in reseraching my trip to the Dodge dealer.

If some of you are so anti honda or toyota, than please throw out your Jappenase made appliances, TV and sterio equpment, you have to be fair when baised.

My 2nd car is now a 02 Toyota Seina mini van, I swore I would never drive a mini van, but the time came to replace my girl friend tried and true and breaking 95 Voyager mini van.

I really like my new ( used toyota )

Dodge did invent the mini van but thier Caravans are only the best of a bad lot of the three mini vans.

Toyota build quality is excellant and if Dodge or Ford or Gm are so great, than thats all you would see on the road, not true now.

Now if I had to buy a new gas powerd truck, it's Toyota vers GM.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

ITS AMERICAN NOW!!!
American made, but everything else like general profits and parts profits are going straight to Japan. It's all a marketing ploy, a feel better so we accept that it's an American vehicle.
100% Correct!!!!

The blind don't see that they (who buy into this ploy by Japanese) that they are the ones who are and have been putting our COUNTRY out of business, and out of AMERICAN MADE jobs. By buying that Sony, Mitsubishi, or Toshiba stereo and TV25-30 years ago; you have put American Companies such as RCA, Zenith, Curtis Mathis out of business. Sure their names may still be around, but they were bought out by the Japanese companies; because you buy their product over our own. Don't put all the blame on thethose companiesCEO's; the majority of the blame goes the AMERICAN CONSUMER! To save a buck; you took the job right out from under your families feet.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
shimmy

ORIGINAL: Midnight

The Tundra is still a weak little car is a trucks clothing... lol

Compare them in truck categories and the Ram wins... lol
Resale - Toyota
Reliability - Toyota
Owner Satisfaction - Toyota
HP - Toyota
Torque - Toyota
Towing Capacity - Toyota
Price - Dodge
Warranty - Dodge

Yah...so ummm....yah...if by "Ram Wins" you mean, "Ram Loses", then sure....Ram wins.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shimmy

ORIGINAL: Midnight

The Tundra is still a weak little car is a trucks clothing... lol

Compare them in truck categories and the Ram wins... lol
Resale - Toyota
Reliability - Toyota
Owner Satisfaction - Toyota
HP - Toyota
Torque - Toyota
Towing Capacity - Toyota
Price - Dodge
Warranty - Dodge

Yah...so ummm....yah...if by "Ram Wins" you mean, "Ram Loses", then sure....Ram wins.

I have yet to figure out why people overvalue Toyota so much. My friend recently sold an old beat-up Tacoma for $5500, everyone with any sense told him he was way too high but some Toyota loyalist actually forked over the cash for it. I've had quite a few friends with tacomas, my 95 Chevy was more reliable and more solidly built than any of them, as was my grandfather's 96 Ram and even my friend's 91 Ford. The tundra wasn't even a real fullsize before this latest version (if you don't believe me go park it front bumper to front bumper with a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge fullsize and look at the width difference.

I have actually read a car review article in Consumer Reports where they faulted nearly every other brand for a feature they felt was lacking in the interior. Camry was missing this same feature, yet they didn't even mention it. Since then I don't rely on CR for anything. My best friend recently purchased a new Chevy, before he did he test drove all the new full sizes before he did. He actually thought the Tundra was ok but it didn't stand out from any of the others for him and similarly equipped was almost $10,000 more than any of the other trucks.

Towing Capacity, well let's see, Tundra doesn't even offer a HD model, enough said.

I would question the reliability, as I said above from what I've seen it's not any better. My grandfather's 96 ram was worked very hard from day one, the guy he sold it to is almost up to 300k on the original engine and told my grandfather it's the best truck he's ever had (he uses it up in northern Maine, if you don't know the area it's rough up there, logging country)

In the half-tons Toyota has it for HP/Tq right now, let's wait and see how many more engines blow due to crankshaft failure

Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

ITS AMERICAN NOW!!!
American made, but everything else like general profits and parts profits are going straight to Japan. It's all a marketing ploy, a feel better so we accept that it's an American vehicle.
100% Correct!!!!

The blind don't see that they (who buy into this ploy by Japanese) that they are the ones who are and have been putting our COUNTRY out of business, and out of AMERICAN MADE jobs. By buying that Sony, Mitsubishi, or Toshiba stereo and TV25-30 years ago; you have put American Companies such as RCA, Zenith, Curtis Mathis out of business. Sure their names may still be around, but they were bought out by the Japanese companies; because you buy their product over our own. Don't put all the blame on thethose companiesCEO's; the majority of the blame goes the AMERICAN CONSUMER! To save a buck; you took the job right out from under your families feet.
He was speaking of Chrysler being American made now.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

My friend just bought a 94 toyota truck with a little 4 banger/5spd for $300 bucks with a broken timing chain. Its a nice little truck.

Quick Reply: The 2008 Toyota Ram?