ford discontinues SVT

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ford discontinues SVT

I'm hearing rumors that the SVT name will be put on the Mustang only... they (Ford Motor Company) doesn't want that brand on anything else, including that hideous Sport Trac. But I've also heard that they will scrap it and only have a special Saleen model... but thats just what I've heard from around the interweb.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
nascarnut
Professional

SVT has been on it's way out for a couple of years now. It's a dying breed so we shouldn't be to surprised

Old 03-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Kremithefrog

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Ford really had nothing to SVT besides the F150 and Mustang. "Wanna race my SVT Focus!" Haha
Drag racing isn't the only form of racing.

The svt focus was a top car in its class. It would out handle, break, and accelerate a civic si for thousands less.

The svt contour was also a great car. About the same as a svt focus, except bigger.

Anyways, the only thing that really matters is that the cobra will still be made. I don't care if it says SVT on it or not, as long as performs well. I bet once Ford gets back on its feet, we could see svt come back, or at least a higher number of performance vehicles.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:59 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

ORIGINAL: deranged

Damn their really in the sh!tter!
I believe it's Ford's own fault that they were in this sort of mess. They tried and tried and tried to keep their titles as being the best-selling vehicles in america and now they come to the point where they had to lower the prices down dramatically in order to keep it. Their philosophy was by selling the most vehicles, more people would want to buy it and in the future after people start liking ford a lot more they can start to raise prices. That's where they are wrong. Nobody likes Ford THAT much, especially cus of all the competitors, and since the prices of basically all of their vehicles are so low, they cant afford to keep up an SVT division. I heard on the radio one morning that a local dealership was selling f150s for 11grand plus gas for a year and all kinds of stuff. If ford is that desperate, then they are in trouble.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:53 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Yes SVT has been dismantling since 2003. The problem was that too many people at Ford thought it was unfair to non-SVT dealers. So Ford tried to open it up to all dealerships. That "cheapened" the SVT brand. You go look at any used SVT and you'll still have to pay a premium to buy it. That is if you are someone that would buy an SVT vehicle. You can't say that about any other modern specialty vehicle from a domestic, except for a Syclone or a Grand National or GN-X.

Quick Reply: ford discontinues SVT