Sedona becomes serious contender

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sedona becomes serious contender

my minivan has more then enough go to it and its just a 3.3 liter...the only added things I would want would be maybe the panoramic sunroof......

Old 06-08-2006, 08:59 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sedona becomes serious contender

ORIGINAL: highrevr/tflea

my minivan has more then enough go to it and its just a 3.3 liter...the only added things I would want would be maybe the panoramic sunroof......
Which do you have a Caravan or Grand Caravan (or the Chrysler or Plymouth equvients)? The 3.3 liter is an excellent engine and quiet fuel efficient (my family has achieved 28 mpg on the highway a couple times on flat roads), but the only complaint I have is under hilly conditions. At the first sign of an incline, our '02 Caravan is happy to jump out of overdrive over and over and over and over again. Not only does this pester me knowing it is wasting gas, but it irritates me because this is unnecessary wear and tare on the transmission. If they could solve this issue I would be much happier with the 3.3 liter. I think it is also a 41TE issue because my grandparents 2.4L Stratus is also like that, but my 42LE is much more resistent to downshifting. It will lose a mph or two while going up hill in cruise control mode, but it will maintain overdrive and will regain its speed as soon as it reaches the top of the hill. I much prefer this.

Quick Reply: Sedona becomes serious contender