'08 PoNtIaC G6 GXP

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:17 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '08 PoNtIaC G6 GXP

ORIGINAL: Majin_Neon_00

let me just make this simple Pontiac G6s' Grand Prixs' and everything else except the opel rip off are for wanna be preppy ***s
That's pretty funny coming from a Neon driver......considering it was for the longest time considered a girl's car...

There's nothing wrong with a Grand Prix or a G6 coupe....the G6 sedan is crap in my opinion.... and I'll take a Grand Prix GTP or even a GXP over any other sedan in its class....

In fact, the only way you can get better then a GXP is to go to a Hemi powered Charger R/T or 300C....and even then, stock vs. stock, it's not a major improvement. Once you start modding however, the DC vehicles dust the competition...

Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

The GTP line is being discontinued and replaced with the GXP line.......the most recent version of the 3800 V6 is the Series III, which was used in my 04 GTP Comp G sedan......260hp, 280ftlbs of torque

This is a 3.6L V6, which explains the smaller power levels. I agree, the 3.8L V6 would be more then capable of putting down 300hp easily......

Switching to a smaller pulley on the 3.8L would be more then sufficient for power gains....but I doubt a 6spd auto would work too well for the torque...
Sorry its taken me a while to get back to this, we had some issues at DC.

Anyways, according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6T70_transmission), the 6T75 (a slightly beefied up version of the 6-speed auto used in the G6) is supposed to handle up to 315hp & 300 ft-lbs of tq, so it couldn't receive a very large boost in hp & tq but if they could boost the hp just as they did back in 2004 from 240 to 260 when they changed from the series II to the series III anda different supercharger while leaving the tq alone, then adding a ram-air like they did on the GTX (an SLP package) they could get somewhere close to 300hp & 300ft-lbs of tq with the 6-speed auto.

I think it's a bad idea to offer the 3.6L in the G6. This engine's marketing purpose is being refined and being a Japanese competitor. Pontiac is about pure performance, they should consider offering the 3.9L again in the GTP package (they shouldn't drop it) this time with the 6T70, with a slight power boost to put it to the magical 250 hp category (a small ram-air). GM needs to offer different engines in different divisions to keep the models from competing against each other. The Chevy needs to be the discount king, the Pontiac should offer classic American performance engineering, Saturn should be about refinement and high technology.

Majin_Neon_00
let me just make this simple Pontiac G6s' Grand Prixs' and everything else except the opel rip off are for wanna be preppy ***s
The Grand Prix happens to be one of the best cars in the market today offering excellent performance and room while being affordable. Try and find another car with the same level of performance and room with an automatic transmission in the mid-sized class as the Grand Prix GXP offers with its price. Let me save you some time, you won't findone. As DevilsReject said, the only other thing is the Charger R/T and that is techincally in a different class anyways. The Grand Prix GXP is the fastest, non-luxury mid-sized car for its price.

The G6 also happens to be one of the fastest in its smaller mid-sized class as well. Its faster than the Nissan Altima which has more hp than it has.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Very well said man.....and I agree...they should switch back to the 3.8L V6 with the Series III....

The stock numbers are 260hp & 280ftlbs torque. With a smaller pulley, intercooler, and a 3" downpipe instead of the stock one...(roughly $1500-1700 worth of parts) you could easily see close to 300/300....not sure of the exact number....but I think you would get close enough for jazz...

Consider this...my GTP stock runs a 15 flat in the quarter....with just the 260hp.....

Old 01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Very well said man.....and I agree...they should switch back to the 3.8L V6 with the Series III....

The stock numbers are 260hp & 280ftlbs torque. With a smaller pulley, intercooler, and a 3" downpipe instead of the stock one...(roughly $1500-1700 worth of parts) you could easily see close to 300/300....not sure of the exact number....but I think you would get close enough for jazz...

Consider this...my GTP stock runs a 15 flat in the quarter....with just the 260hp.....
Thank you! I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on this.

Believe me DevilsReject, I know what a GTP is like. My friend had a 1998 GTP. I loved that car. It was so much fun!

I'm considering a Grand Prix GTP (or now that the GT model is supercharged) for my next car. The 3800 series III is a solid engine. I know so many people with over 200,000 miles that have beaten the crap out of them. They get good gas mileage, provide execellent hp & tq, and the engine will last you forever.

Even thought the supercharged 3800 would kick even more serious butt in the G6 straight from the Grand Prix, I think it would be better to upgrade it while they have the chance. Although it'sgood to seriouslyspank the day lights out ofyour competition, it's even better to completely blow them away in as many categories as possible. Since the GXP is supposed to be the ultimate model from Pontiac, why spare any expense. If your going to blow them away, do it right! It gets more attention this way.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Intrepid but since they are no longer made, the Grand Prix is the closest replacement for an Intrepid that is made these days.

Image what those upgrades that I suggested put together with a 6-speed auto (or a 6-speed manual would be better) in a smaller car like the G6 would be like. MazdaSpeed 6 eat your heart out!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:37 AM
wanabesrt

u gota admit it looks nice.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:38 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

To me it looks like a Pontiac Tiburon GT.[8D]

Quick Reply: '08 PoNtIaC G6 GXP