PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

computer swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:54 PM
joefish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer swap?

I have a 97 Intrepid 3.5L and have a code for cylinder #4 injector circuit. After visual inspection @ injector 4, I found that the wiring on the plug was missing some insulation and shorted. I pulled the plug and removed the terminals and install some heat shrink tubing. After the repair, all codes went away except the one for cylinder 4 injector circuit. I checked the injector for proper resistance and was within range. I do not have a pulse to this injector so, I think that I have possibly fried that driver for injector 4. This miss started instantaneously and I am assuming that I will have to replace the computer to correct my problem. The salvage yard that I spoke with told me that there are 2 different computer listings for this car. I have a base model w/o autostick and it has 16" tires. The salvage yard wanted to know whether the car came with R or VR 16" tires. As far as I know, the only difference with the tires is the speed rating. If I put the VR application computer in my car, will I have any other concerns with the car. I was given a part # of 460673 for the VR computer and a part # 460672 for the basic part for the R computer with multiple suffixes of AA, AC, AD, AE, AF and AH. Help, I have 271,000 miles on this car and am not ready to give up on it yet. I just don't want to build any problems into the car.

Quick Reply: computer swap?