PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Idling high and rough, No Acceleration Power

Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
89chargerguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idling high and rough, No Acceleration Power

Hope someone can help me, cause i bet this is an easy fix, just too many things i cant pinpoint. I got an 89 R/C 360, 727, Holley TBI 2bbl. I just did an oil change, plugs and wires, pcv valve, air cleaner, and a new battery. When my battery dies which it has done before, the computer resets and it takes like 2 days for it to relearn and begin to idle easy and have good throttle response. This time it just wants to run like crap. Sometimes itll idle nice and low when i start it but it will automatically, on its own start idling high and wont come back down. It willhave black smokeat first then white smoke with high revving.Then when i take off it just starts shaking and sputtering horribly, cant even get it around the block or over 10-15 mphsbefore it dies out and i have to wait for an hour to start it and get it home. Have been told, TPS and AIS are prolly main things, not sure though. It sounds like its not getting the right info on how much fuel to dump in the TBI. Just did new fuel pump and filter and some lines also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Idling high and rough, No Acceleration Power