PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Need Opinons on best chip for a 99 3/4 2500 360

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:58 AM
rtaylor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinons on best chip for a 99 3/4 2500 360

Hello, I would like to get some of your thoughts as to which chip is the best overall for my truck?? I have already heard that JET stinks and would like some input from the board. My truck is 100% bone stock, no mods at all, 360, 3/4 ton 4.10 danas front and rear with the heavy duty springs in the rear. I do not drive it much now at all due to the price of gas and it sucks on mileagebut I knew it would when I bought it. I plan on maybe to open the exhaust up and to get a K&N system for it. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas you all might have. Thanks for your time........Ron

Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Opinons on best chip for a 99 3/4 2500 360

If I am understanding you correctly you would like more mpg? Whether for power or mpg the only way to truely get what you want from the PCM it to have it Retuned/Reprogramed. So called "Chip sets" in most cases are nothing but a resister that fools the computer for a short while intill the computer realizes that the sensor (now the "chip") is faulty.

I do not know whom reprograms the PCM's for Dodge yet, but will check and see. I am aware of two companys that do it for the Chevrolet's. I will see if they do other's as well.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Opinons on best chip for a 99 3/4 2500 360

I just checked and both companys that I know of only do the reprograming for the Chevrolet products. I will keep searching for I am sure someone does Dodge reprogramming as well.

Quick Reply: Need Opinons on best chip for a 99 3/4 2500 360