PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

'Check Engine' Error code help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
ThaiUK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Check Engine' Error code help

Hello all,

This looks the ideal place for a new Dodge owner to be, even though I am located in Great Britain! Without you all, I may have been scratching my head alot longer. My 1994 Ram B350 was imported a few years ago and converted to run on LPG. This means that I am able to get the equivalent of 28 mpg on runs from this mean machine (LPG is half the price of petrol in the UK).
Now, though the van runs fine on LPG, the problems occur when it is switched back to petrol. The only possible way to move, is to pump the throttle as fast as you can until you get to the speed you desire. It is then possible to keep the vehicle going using just the first few millimeters of the throttle (or gas pedal). I think this would suggest that the 5.9 V8 is flooding with petrol and not being able to increase the spark to ignite.
I purchased the vehicle with the Check Engine light on, being unreliabley informed that this was due to the LPG system installed. After reading a few posts on here I have managed to discover the codes and wondeered if somebody could translate the output for me:

12 21 21 27 27 27 32 27 27 27 27 27 55 There seems to be alot, and all I know is that 55 means end of code. Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures of the van are available HERE

Thanks in advance

Jason

Quick Reply: 'Check Engine' Error code help